Chapter Eleven: Luca's day with Skylar

Luca's P.O.V.

I just dropped off Sara Lee after I saw her friends. I am kind of terrified for today. I have never taken care of a baby this small, but I want her to have a day just with her friends so I can do it.

I drive home and take Skylar out of his car seat. I put him on my chest the way Skylar does and walk inside my house. I hear talking from the living room so I guess that's where Ricardo and Valentino are. I walk into the living room and I see them sitting on the couch watching some new show they like.

They hear my footsteps and turn around to face me. They both get up and smile at me.

"I never thought I would see the day you would be holding a baby," Ricardo says, grabbing Skylar.

"I love babies but they always hate me, so I never pick them up. Skylar loves me though," I say smiling at the beautiful baby boy.

"Okay, so what are we doing? I don't think I have ever taken care of a baby before," Valentino says.

"Well, he just got changed before she left. He hasn't eaten but the schedule says to wait an hour. He needs to have something called tummy time?" I say confused.

"What the hell is that?" Valentino asks.

"Oh, she wrote down what it is. I need to get the tummy time rug out of her room and bring it down here. It says it is in her room on her bed," I say, "I'll go get it."

I run upstairs into her room and see the mat. She labeled it for me, how sweet. I go back downstairs and see Skylar crying.

"What did you guys do? He was fine when I went upstairs," I say annoyed.

"I don't know, he just started crying," Valentino says, looking panicked.

I put the mat on the carpet in the living room and grab Skylar.

"Hey you're okay baby boy, I whisper in his ear while bouncing him a little. I whisper sweet nothings in his ear. After he calms down I put him on the mat.

For the next hour, he just plays on his mat and rolls over and plays with the little toys. I feed him his bottle and burp him. We play a little cocomelon for him, but honestly, I think Ricardo and Valentino are more into it than he is.

About three and a half hours after I dropped Sara off I start purring Skylar down to take a nap.

"Okay baby boy, it's time for your nap, I say taking Skylar from Valentino.

I take him into his room and change his diaper and put on a nighttime baby onesie on him. For about 20 minutes, I try to get him to lay down in his bed and go to sleep but he won't stop crying. I know sometimes he sleeps with Skylar so I wonder if he will sleep on her bed.

I pick him back up and take him into Skylar's room. I lay him down on her bed and he immediately calms down. I put the safety After laying down for about five minutes he falls asleep.

I carefully walk out of the room and close the door quietly. I go downstairs and walk into the living room where the guys still are.

"Is he finally asleep?" Ricardo asks, looking up at me.

"Yeah, he wouldn't sleep until I put him in Sara's bed. He must realize she isn't here to put him to sleep," I say, sitting down.

"Well he has a routine and she is the one that keeps him on it. It's a chance for a baby who is so used to it," Valentino says.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just glad he fell asleep before I have to go pick her up. I do not want to upset her," I said.

" Of course, you don't, you love her," Ricardo says.