Chapter six: Conversation

Today Skylar and I are meeting up with Jen and Liz at our favorite coffee shop across town. I haven't seen them for a couple of days, we have all been busy. Luca is going to take us there in about ten minutes so I double-check his diaper bag.

After a few minutes Luca comes to tell me we are leaving soon so, I put Skylar in his car seat and we go to the car. He drives to the cafe and drops me and Sky off. He helps me get Skylar out of the car and into his stroller that you just have to click his car seat in, so it's easy.

After that, he kisses my cheek and says he will be back later to pick Sky and me up. I walk in with the stroller and wait for him to leave but he doesn't until he sees Liz and Jen.

"Hey, girl! I missed you. We haven't seen you in forever! Why did the hunk drop you off? Are you guys to-"

"Liz slow down girl. I'll answer all of your questions. First, we saw each other a couple of days ago weirdo. That "hunk's" name is Luca and he dropped me off because he is my guardian," I interrupt her because she is going way too fast for me.

They looked confused so I explain everything to them. By the time I'm done both of their jaws are touching the floor.

"Close your mouths or a fly might go in there," I say while smirking at their faces.

"Sara are you serious? You have to invite us over. I want to see everything," Liz says.

"Elizebeth don't be rude, she will invite us over when she is ready," Jen says to her girlfriend.

"I thought you were my girlfriend, not my mother?" Liz says to Jen.

"I am but you were being rude."

"Girls stop fighting. You guys are giving me a headache," I say to them and they say sorry.

"Well, anyway, are you happy? Is he nice to you and Skylar? He isn't being too nice is he?" Jen says going into typical best-friend mode.

"No Jen, stop worrying, he is being kind."

When I think about the time we have spent together it makes me smile. He is so sweet to me and Skylar. Skylar actually let him hold him for a few minutes the other day.

"Awe, Jen look at her smile," Liz says.

" I was thinking how sweet he is," I say.

"He doesn't look sweet. He has a dangerous aura surrounding him, even I can feel it," Jen says.

"Well I've learned looks can be deceiving but honestly I'm not scared," I said smiling.

I hear a ping and I take out my phone and see a text from Luca.

Luc: Hey gorgeous I have something to do so I have to pick you up right now. I will be there in a few minutes.

Me: Okay Luc see you soon.

"Everything okay hon?" Jen asks.

"Yeah, of course, Luca is coming to get us right now, he says he has something to do," I say.

"Hey does he have any cute guy friends? We have been looking for a new man?" Liz asks.

One thing I probably forgot to mention is Jen and Liz are into polygamy. They want to be in a relationship with each other and one other man. Most men can't handle them though.

" I have only met one and he is a bit much. He is nice, don't get me wrong, but he is super hyper," I say to them both.

They nod and we get up. Skylar starts whimpering so I grab him out of his stroller, he must be hungry. I already have a bottle made. I made it while I was talking to the girls because I know his schedular and it is his feeding time. I already knew he was going to wake up.