Chapter Sixteen: Freaking out & Eavesdropping

I get into the passenger seat and Valentino gets in the driver's seat. I put my hand on my forehead and sigh.

" She will be fine, Luca." Ricardo says," "She just needs time."

"Will she?" I ask, "What if she believes what her lunatic mother says and leaves me?"

"Dude, you need to relax." Ricardo says, "Sara is smart. She won't believe anything that crazy lady says."

"She is going to think about it though. We just got her to trust us enough to let us watch Skylar. She is shutting down again. I swear we are having to start all over again." I say, "But It is going to cross her mind. She has already gone through so much shit. She doesn't need to be doubting how much we care about her."

I feel helpless. What the hell am I supposed to do?

"Luca, she won't leave you, trust me," Valentino says.

"But what if she does? What if one day she figures out how crazy my life is and decides to leave? I will end up back in that dark place again," I say.

By now we are at the mafia house and we get out of the car.

We go to Luciano and sort out the problem within thirty minutes. I go up to my office and Valentino and Ricardo Follow me. We walk in and I sit down to do work.

"Sara will be fine. You need to put some faith in her Luca," Valentino says.

I nod.

"It will be fine. Sara Lee won't leave. I doubt she believes Elizabeth," Ricardo says.

" I know. I love Sara Lee and I have for a long time. I just don't want her to leave me when I just got her," I say.

No matter what happens, We will always be there, Luca," Ricardo says.

I smile.

"Do you need something, Luciano?" I say.

Ricardo and Valentino look confused until Luciano walked through the door.

"I'm sorry, Boss, but did you say Sara lee?" He says, looking nervous.

I stand up and so do the guys.

"Maybe I did. What does it have to do with you eavesdropping on our conversation?" I ask.

"I have a sister named Sara Lee Miller. I had to leave her a long time ago," he says sounding sad.

"Did you say, Miller?" Ricardo asks.

Luciano nods.

"Her last name is or was Miller. We got it from our dad," He says.

"Do you have a picture of her?" I say stepping forward.

He nods and gets his phone out. He shows me a picture of MY Sara when she was like ten.

"You went with your mother?! And left her with that monster?!" I say slamming Luciano against the wall.

"I had no choice, She took my brothers and threatened to kill my youngest one if I didn't," he says.

"Do you know what the fuck she has been through? What your so-called father did to her?" I say.

Ricardo and Valentino pull me off him and he drops to the floor running out of breath.

"How the hell do you have that picture? You guys left her when she was six," I say.

"Our father would send them to us. My most recent one was when she was fourteen," he says showing me a picture of her. Her smile is so fake in that picture.