Chapter nine: Sneaking out

Luca's P.O.V.

I am trying to sneak out of the mafia house without being seen by Valentino or Ricardo. I have been doing this for the past week so I can go home and see Sara. I don't want the guys to see me because they will start to ask questions I don't want to answer. I don't want to share her with anyone yet.

I can't wait to see her at home.

"Caught ya dumbass," I hear from behind me.

I jump a little from not expecting to hear him. I turn around and see Ricardo dragging an annoyed Valentino behind him.

"Damnit, I was almost there," I say under my breath standing right in front of the front door.

"You thought you could avoid us forever, not anymore," Ricardo says looking proud of himself.

"Why do I have to be here?" Valentino asks.

"Because we have to ask him questions. And I thought Luca was the dumbass," Ric says.

"But I don't care as much as you do," Val says.

"Oh well, stay here," Ric says.

"Yes, sir," Ricardo says with a mock salute at the end.

"Ugh, you're hopeless," says Ric.

"Okay, as much as I'm enjoying your guy's bickering, can we get this over with? I want to go home," I say to them.

"Oh, sure. Why have you been sneaking out instead of just telling us you are leaving?" Ric says.

"Because I knew you were going to question me and I didn't want to hear it," I say in all honesty.

"Are you going home early to see Sara and Skylar?" Valentino asks, playing along with Ric.

"Of course why else would I be going home early?" I say annoyed because I just want to see Sara.

"Okay, you can go now. We just want to know," Ric says smiling.

"Correction, you wanted to know and you wanted to play along like I wanted to know," Valentino says.

They start bickering back and forth and I slip out the front door. I run to my car and drive home. I was a little late today because of the 'interrogation'. When I walk through the living room I see a sleeping Skylar in his bassinet and a sleeping Sara, with papers all around her, on the couch. I'm guessing they are notes for school.

I walk to Skylar and grab him out of the bassinet and walk upstairs to his room to put him in bed. I gently put him in his crib, successfully without waking him up. Sara started putting him in his crib the night after we went out to eat.

I go back downstairs and I kneel in front of her.

She looks like an angel when she sleeps. She looks so peaceful. Her hair was all around her face. I gently grab them and put them behind her ear. Her hair was so soft.

When will I get the pleasure of waking up to this every morning?

Sara's P.O.V.

I slowly wake up feeling someone softly touching my face. They were gentle like they were trying not to wake me. I liked the touch. I leaned more into the touch and hummed happily while smiling.

Wait a minute, who is touching me?

I slowly open my eyes to come face to face with Kuca. His face is dangerously close to my face, but I am not uncomfortable about it for some reason.

"Hi", I say looking at his face. I feel my face getting hot from how close we are.

"Hi gorgeous, he whispers, not moving away smiling.

He thinks I'M gorgeous?

"Let's get you into your bed shall we?" he says lifting me up, bridal style.

"Wait what about Skylar?" I ask looking around while holding onto him.

"I already put him in his bed. I put him in there before you woke up," he says walking towards the stairs.

I nod and hold him tighter.

"You know I can walk right?" I say smiling.

"You don't have to though when I'm here. I don't want you to tire yourself out, " he sats, smiling.

How will I tire myself out by walking to my room?

By now we were at my door and he opens it. He lowers me onto my bed but I whine when he outs me down.

"Come back, you're warm," I said in a sleepy voice.

Oh my! What am I saying?

He chuckled at me and got on one knee in front of me and put his hand through my hair.

"But, amore I need to let you sleep," he says smiling.

"Can you stay until I fall asleep?" I ask him. I felt shy asking him and I know my cheeks are bright red, but I wanted him to stay.

He stops running his hand through my hair and just stares at me.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

I wondered if it was weird that I asked that I asked him that. He started giving me a strange look. I think it was a look of adoration?

"Of course, I will," He says smiling, "How could I ever say no?"

I smiled at him in triumph and moved so he had room to lay down. He was big because he has a lot of muscles, but this bed is big enough to fit us both.

"I'm still cold," I said hugging the blanket as close to me as possible.

"Come here amore, let me help warm you up," He said with his arms open. I smile at him and move into his arms. I turn so my back was against his chest. He puts one arm under me and the other on my arms.

"Are you warming up now baby?" He asks. I didn't miss the endearment he called me, but I kinda liked it. Is he always going to call me that? I wonder why he would use it though.

"Yes," I whispered.

I thought he fell asleep but his arms wrapped tighter around me and he kisses the top of my head.

"Sleep tight baby girl," he says to me.

I turn my head and I kiss his cheek.

"Goodnight Luc," I say. I close my eyes and finally fall asleep.

A/N:  Hi everyone. I'm trying to get at least two chapters a week. I hope you are enjoying my book. Have a great day!!