Chapter 2: The kingdom next door

Thank you so much for reading if you are, by the way. Lots of love :') Well, I still don't have any planned uploading time, but I promise to not make you wait forever. 

Thanks. 

you do you. 

xx

KC

---

Somewhere between the hideous idea of asking his own sister to be married off to Orindoth and Ohm visiting his Kingdom, Nanon had finally done his best to settle. After all, he was the crown prince of Exalos, retaining his self-composure against all the odds the universe threw at him, was something he was taught all his life. He was finally beginning to compromise with the thought of Ohm invading his domain and peace of mind in 2 days while taking a leisurely walk in his very own royal garden, enjoying the free afternoon he only gets so rarely and the autumn breeze that was beginning to feel colder, or maybe it was just Nanon's precarious mind anticipating the winter to come sooner than the last. See, winters are terrible in these lands, the weather is harsh, the harvest is consequently poor, people starve and freeze to death— it's overall a bad time for the kingdom to be at its best, he was seemingly being provoked by the notion of the previous winter when suddenly, Cecilia smirked from her balcony, "Aren't you going to show Ohm what your garden looks like now?" her voice cut through the sinews of Nanon's physique and the calmness of the afternoon like a sharp-edged knife which Nanon wonders how her sister ever even learned to use.

He exhaled desolately, "Can you just not keep on talking about him? No, seriously, Cecilia, what is—"

"This is where you two had broken into a fight, right? The other day, Knight Win was telling me..."

Nanon, was, not, ready. He was not ready to be thrown into that gutter again, for the millionth time, since he heard of Ohm's visit to their kingdom. He had enough of going over that day, again and again, playing in his head like a broken record. A never-ending vicious loop that just makes him wonder, how he could do things differently so that, instead of both of their images being disgraced, only Ohm's would. He pondered and reflected deeply upon if he should really have brought them two in here, his mother's garden, out of all the places he could.

"Hello? My blood brother? Are you even listen—"

Nanon stared up at Cecilia, his palms pressing against each other and his eyes pleading her to stop blabbering on and on about a prick he doesn't want to meet ever again, or talk about— or talk to, and so Cecilia shook her head unapprovingly while she vanished inside her chambers.

Ohm, really did rile him up, didn't he? They were only 5 years old when they had met for the first time, and Nanon still couldn't get over that oddly self-appraising smile Ohm always had on his face or the bizarre way he had a corner of his mouth raised upward forming this nonsensical grin when he thought he said something clever.

Nanon, really, just wants to forget what he had kept on calling him though, despite the entire fucking kingdom, explaining to him that the prince had a proper name to be addressed by.

"Insolent" Nanon suddenly commented amidst a council meeting with only the knights about ensuring high security while the King of Orindoth arrives tomorrow with his army, "that's what he is. An insolent fucking pra—"

Knight Bright fake coughed his way into Nanon's detest for the Prince of Orindoth, "My Lord. Are you okay?"

He shushed eventually, shutting the constant buzz of stupid bees inside his head, and upon looking at the blank, yet humorous etched glares of all his knights, "Apologies for the sudden—"