Chapter 9: Ribbon in Gold

Until, one of the guards had blamed the noise on a mouse and the other one had argued it had to be a cat because a mouse wouldn't be able to make so much noise on its own. Finally, the two had reached the conclusion that in the queen's chamber a mouse and a cat had entered and they promised amongst themselves, to not inform anyone about their sudden entrance into the queen's chamber which is against the royal mandate.

Once the guards had left, then only Ohm and Nanon realized how pathetically close they were in each other's space. They could feel the other's heartbeat from the speedy fight from before to the sudden barge of the guards into the chamber. They could feel their eyes daggering through the other. They could feel their muscles tense against the other and feel the weight of the air which had them engulfed, none of them surprisingly jerked away from the position. It was like they were wrapped in an illusion and their body muscles won't listen to the constant ringing in their heads asking one of them to move. They were like that, longer than either of them would ever even dream to.

Nanon overcame the drowse and slowly moved his hand from Ohm's back, still not fully shaking out. Once Nanon did that, Ohm had moved back creating space and at that moment, both of them saw a golden thin ribbon, surrounding the two in a circle, like it, was enchanted. As if they were being tied and in a split second it was gone, it vanished, all they could see are the specks of dust that moved in the sun's ray that entered the chamber, "Did you—"

"I did. What was that?" Nanon looked around eventually but carefully came out of the dressing corner and found the exit to the room.

Ohm shook his head, jutting his lower lip out thoughtfully, he talked to himself, "It seemed like magic"

Nanon pretended to not hear but in his mind he said, it did.

Ohm had left without a single word with Nanon. While they were seeing off, Ohm had only stood before Nanon for a moment, looked at him with eyes screaming with questions, something that Nanon fairly reciprocated before he boarded into his caravan, and Ohm was gone.

Nanon should feel relief, finally, he was gone. He wouldn't have to breathe the same air Ohm was breathing or even have that boy wander around the castle like it was his— that was a very scary fragment of thought or, he wouldn't just have to bear with anything that had to something with Ohm. Yet, here he was, in this new dilemma which had everything to do with Ohm and something he wouldn't be able to understand without Ohm. Yet, here he was wishing if Ohm could stay a little longer.

Alongside all that feeling, there was the thought of the golden ribbon that had permanently settled somewhere inside Nanon's mind. It had felt like a bonding ribbon, this bizarre enchantment trying to tell the both of them something that they didn't know. He evidently remembers the air around them, the shivers in his spine or the crumbles he felt inside his abdomen— he wondered if all of these had a meaning. He would eventually get nothing in the end. It had just become a loop of never-ending thoughts that gave him no conclusion. Some nights he would sleep through it, and some nights he would not, that's where the only difference lay. In his absolute horror and dismay, he was in fact thinking about Ohm more than he was ever planning to.

He waited for what seemed like a little more than a month. He didn't know what to do with the piece of information he had unraveled from his mother's chambers, with that boy, about the friendship both of their mothers shared. He had no doubt in his mind though, it was special, what Azalea and Nora shared. He was riding downtown that day when he received a letter shoved at his face by a boy wearing a red veil wrapped around his face like a mask, "What— who are you?"

"Sire, I am Fai. Prince Ohm has sent this letter to you"

"But—"

The boy, who seemed to be slightly older than the two of them, cordially bowed, "Your highness, he hasn't mentioned anything else to me. I was asked to deliver this to you, as safely as possible"