Chapter 19: I Know

It was the last week of autumn and when Nanon had entered the borders of Orindoth, he could already feel the coldness in the air. Since Orindoth was a little towards the North, the cold always came faster in these lands.

Meanwhile, Ohm was coughing the purple forget me nots, oh how pathetic he wondered.

"Why are my flowers becoming so pathetic, Fai?" he exhaled one night while gasping for air and thirst burning inside his lungs and Fai had sunk deeper in sullenness. Ohm had noticed, that he would become extremely mindful whenever someone knocked on the door and that evening, when Nanon stood at the door, Fai finally looked as if what he so so desperately waited for, was finally here.

"Nanon?" Ohm had an extremely disturbing facial expression on.

Fai coughed, "Excuse me, sire?" he quickly placed the broth by the side table of Ohm's bed, cordially and appreciatively bowing before Nanon while taking his leave.

"Fucking dimwit" Nanon cursed closing the door behind him while Ohm's insides had churned and he felt as if he would throw up anytime now.

He cleared his throat, "Having Fai here would be wonderful because I might actually end throwing up—"

"Flowers?" Nanon sat at the edge of the bed making sure he had a clear visual of Ohm's face

"Oh for fuck's sake" he rolled his eyes, "You know?"

"I thought you were dying but seems like—"

Ohm sniffed in annoyance, "Why on earth are you here? You have seen me completely devastated lying here on the bed, hope you're happy and now you can leave"

Nanon derided, "I cannot believe your pride even when you're on death bed"

"That is the only thing I have left when you just saw me looking like an absolute wreck for the first time in your life and enjoying it oh so much" Ohm retracted quite immediately

"And here I thought, you would be begging—"

Ohm shrieked, "Nanon, get the fuck out of my room and my kingdom, right now"

Nanon smiled, not the vengeful ones, the sober ones he has protected for only the people who deserve it and in the merriness of it all, Ohm's anger had diminished slightly somewhere, "I didn't come here to get the fuck out of your room or your kingdom, Ohm"

Ohm immediately turned the other way because Nanon looked too irresistible, tranquil, and for once, sober enough to touch—, fuck, Ohm was really a wreck.

"Please say whatever you have to say and leave. I need rest, as you can see" Ohm sufficed his beating heart and consumed the words which wanted an out, basically the one which said, never get the fuck out of my room or my kingdom, Nanon.

"I am sorry I didn't know earlier" Nanon hid his eyes, not being able to believe why or how he even said a sorry, to someone he always hated but the looks of Ohm so sullen and lying on his bed, just pissed him off. This is not what he wants to have for himself for the rest of his life, "You could've killed me"

"Is that what you want?" Ohm ridiculed, "No dumbass, how could I do that? If I killed you already" Ohm swallowed a growing burn inside his throat, "how would I know the great feeling of letting you live under my mercy?" he clearly joked because for once, the hatred wasn't in his eyes, it was just feelings, for Nanon that danced in the smiles.

"How glorious of you, Prince Ohm" he smiled too

Ohm broke out in coughs and for once he wasn't coughing flowers, or blood, not yet, just dry coughs and Nanon had quickly made him drink water, "What a great day to live. The great Prince of Exalos at my service"