Chapter 16

Valentina's P.O.V.

"Please be safe." I told Dre and my brother as they sat loading guns and making preparations for their rescue plan. I sat across from them hoping everything worked out and that no one got hurt.

Zae gave me a knowing look and motioned for me to come over. I walked over and stood infront of him. He looked up at me from where he was sitting.

"You don't have to worry yourself a-ight? We got this but if something was to happen, just know I love your dumb ass." I smacked my teeth at him and pushed his head. I sat on the right side of him and he eyed me.

"What?" I playfully pushed him. He leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"I know you're pregnant. You look bloated. Does Z know?" I swallowed hard after hearing those words. I shook my head 'no' and he sighed deeply.

He got up from his seat and I followed suit walking behind him.

"Bruh we gonna be back in a while." He turned around and told every one else before finally exiting the room with me behind him.

We were a good distance away when he stopped and stared hard and long at me.

"Why the fuck are you having unprotected sex Valentina?" He asked harshly. I looked away as tears rolled down my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to but I'll go to our private doctor's office tomorrow to see if I'm really pregnant." I said quietly.

He hugged me tightly and I sighed deeply thanking God for a brother like him.
"Okay that's enough get off me." He said and I pulled back laughing lightly.

"Please be safe tonight. I need you." I told him honestly.
"Don't worry. Nothing is going to go wrong." I nodded and walked back into the room. we followed suit and sat back down.
I saw Dre mugging me but I chose to ignore him. I've been giving him the cold shoulder all day.

After they were finished. Everyone just sat around the place waiting until it was time.
I was really anxious to see my parents again. I was laying on one of the couches trying to get a quick nap when my phone buzzed. Dre looked in my direction as I checked my phone. It was a message from Dre. I smacked my teeth as I read it.
I saw him stand up and leave the room and I reluctantly followed.

He went into his office and I looked at him not saying a word.
"Why you acting up?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes and took a seat.
"I'm talking to you. Answer me."
"I have nothing to say to you."
"I'm sorry okay." He said grabbing my hand.
"No you're not. You don't know what being sorry is." I slowly pulled away my hand and got up heading to the door.
"So what you gone leave me to be with your side nigga now?" He asked rudely.
I stopped midway.
"Maybe I will." With that I walked out leaving him there. Before we came over here, Dre and I had an argument because of some nude picture a stripper sent him. The fact that he denied it made me even more mad at him.
He was hot behind my trail and something told me to let him leave tonight with a clear head so I turned around and stared at him.
"I'm sorry." I walked closer to him and hugged him tightly.
"Please be safe tonight. I love you." I looked up at him and placed his hand against my tummy."We love you." Dre's eyes widened and I saw him smile the brightest I've ever seen him. He got down on his knees and looked up at me kissing my stomach. The site was making me emotional. I began fanning my eyes to keep from crying. There was a long pause before he finally spoke up.
"Baby I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through. I really don't deserve you." He said as tears ran down his face slowly. Dre was making this so hard for me. I rubbed his head and smiled.
"I got me a lil man in there." He chuckled lightly.
He stood back up and hugged me and I took in his scent that I loved so much.

"Boss we gotta go." One of the guards said interrupting. I saw Dre quickly wipe his eyes.
"I'm coming." He pulled away and I rubbed his face smiling.
"Go baby. Be safe." He kissed my forehead and left. I knew what they did in life was not good but God please protect them.

I walked into Dre's office and made myself comfortable and awaited the outcome.

Zae's P.O.V.

We sat outside in the white mini van as Brian was trying to ensure we were aware of the guards around the building and the exact location of where we were going to find pops.
I sat in my seat impatient and just wanting to get this over with. Dre noticed my behavior and squeezed my shoulder.
"It's gonna be alright man." I nodded my head and looked over back to Brian.
"Okay you guys are set. Zae take this ear piece I'll direct you. You guys have directly thirty minutes to do what you have to do and get out." We nodded and I placed my earpiece in before opening the back of the van and jumping out with Dre. The other guards came out the other vans and some went ahead of me trying to ensure we didn't walk into any funny business.

"Okay the coast is clear. You guys need to make it down to the end of the hallway. On the left there's a door. When you open it there's another hallway way the second door is where your parents will be. I wish you guys the best of luck." I took in Brian's words and lead the way making sure not to miss any details.

As I approached the door, I felt a knot in my throat. I unlocked it and walked in. Suddenly lights flicked on and I was face to face with this son of a bitch. Guns clicked and my entire demeanor changed. This morherfucker right here. His people had their guns aimed at mine and vice versa. Ain't this some bs.
"Well well well. Look who we have here. Isn't it mama's baby boy." His fat ass laughed making me wonder if I missed the joke.
I squinted my eyes at him and tightened the grip I had around my pistol.
"Where the fuck are my parents you dumb fuck."
Chumpy pointed to a door behind him that I didn't even notice. First his fat ass was so damn big.
"They're in there but too bad you can't get them."
I took my gun off safety and some of his people aimed at me.
"Face it Son. This is the end."
After hearing those words something triggered in me and I lost it. This was some die hard shit because ain't no way I was giving up that easy even if I die I'd die fighting. Everything just happened so quickly it felt surreal. I pulled the trigger and it went through Chumpy's head and came out the back. Rings started going off and I ducked and began shooting. Dre was right behind me as I reloaded my clip. I shoot one man in his shoulder and another in his leg. It was as if the more I shot the more seemed to appear. I felt my shoulder jolt and almost lost my balance. Dre looked at me with worry but that wasn't about to stop me. I held my shoulder not knowing where I was hit as I continued to shoot.

Dre sent out the final bullet and the place became quiet. This whole room was a bloody mess. I limped over to the door and grabbed a gun off the floor shooting the locks on the door. I kicked it open and blocked my nose from the stinge.

"Pops where you at." I yelled.
"I'm right here lil nigga." I followed his voice and found him tied to ma in a corner. "Untie them." I ordered a guard and he did as told. I limped over and Pops caught me before I fell. Ma ran to me with open arms and hugged the life out of me.
I groaned and she let go of me noticing I was bleeding.
She covered her mouth and began crying.
"Let's get the fuck outta here before the feds get here." Pops announced and Dre and another guard grabbed me helping me out. I felt my eyes become droopy and pops slapped me like a bitch telling me to stay awake. If I wasn't in this position I would've mugged his ass. They rushed me out and all I could hear were sirens and ma's cries both sounding the same.
They put me in the back of the van and pulled off down the street.
"You gonna be alright son just hang in there." Pops said but I could hardly hear anything anymore. Everything was becoming a blur and then I lost consciousness.