Chapter 15

Valentina's P.O.V.

I pulled into the cramped hospital parking lot. I got out double checking my doors. I walked into work and clocked in. Stepping into the lounge the first person I spotted was Felena. She was standing drinking what I'm assuming was coffee. I smiled and made my way over to her.

"Hey Felena." She turned and faced me and I couldn't help but notice the sparkle in her eye.

"Hey, good morning. I see yuh went M.I.A on a bitch. Waiz dah one?" She said playfully rolling her eyes. I chuckled lightly.

"Forget that. What's going on with you. Did you meet somebody?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She blushed furiously and my mouth formed and 'O' shape.

"Who is he?" I asked demanding to know. She rolled her eyes.

"It's the same guy from the mall. We started hanging out." She pulled out her phone I'm guessing to show me a picture of him. She found it and turned the phone to me. I looked at the photo and smiled but then something caught my eye. I looked at the photo again and my mouth was left agape.

"Zae?" I thought out loud.

"Yeah yuh know him awoh? (Do you know him?)" She asked.

"Felena Zae is my brother." I said a little above a whisper. I looked at her and she wore an unreadable expression. "Did you sleep with him?" I asked suddenly. I was not about to let Z use my friend and then throw her away like she's nothing. Knowing him he just wants to get between her thighs.

She looked taken about with my question and scrunched up her face.

"Val I'm not stupid. No I didn't. I can't believe you're his sister. He was talking about you a lot when we hung out. I wasn't really paying attention to know it was you though. His sexiness tends to be a distraction." She blushed. A sigh of relief left my lips.

"I know Zae's my brother but I don't care Lena, he's a hoe." I said getting straight to the point. She laughed a little.

"I know. Your brother can't fool me. Besides he made it clear that he has commitment issues but he's still willing to give us a shot." She said smiling. I hugged her and chuckled.

"Welcome to the family."

The day went by in a blur and I was at McDonalds getting something for dinner. After I got my food as I made my way out I bumped into someone almost dropping my food. I regained my posture and looked up to apologise to the person but he beat me to it.

"My bad ma. How you been though?" My words caught in my throat looking at Jayce. I felt really bad just dropping him like that.

"U-Uh hi Jayce. I been good." I managed to get out.

"I see you done forgot a nigga but it's cool." I looked down feeling bad but he lifted up my head and smiled at me.

"I-"

"I know it wasn't you but I understand why your man made you stop talk to me. I mean I would too if you belonged to me. But aye I gotta go. A nigga hungry asf. Hit me up if you wanna."He said kissing my forehead. I just stood there for a while before processing everything and leaving. I really missed talking to Jayce though. Maybe I will hit him up when I get home.

I pulled into my driveway and got out heading inside. I didn't hear from Dre the entire day. Guess he at the trap tryna figure shit out with Zae. When I finished eating I made my way into my room, taking a quick shower and putting on nothing but my leopard print underwear and matching bra with my oversized jersey. I grabbed my phone and dialed my baby's number but it went straight to voicemail. I sighed and just relaxed in bed.