Chapter 10

Thursday night.

I stood in front of my full length body mirror as I looked over my outfit. I wore a black fitted silk dress with my pair of black Red Bottoms. My hair was straightened and I had it pulled back in a neat ponytail. Tonight was my 'date' with Jayce and I couldn't wait for it to be over with.

I heard the doorbell ring and I headed downstairs to answer it. Zae told me he, Dre and Ray were flying out the country for the day so he wasn't home.

I opened the door and saw Jayce standing with a bouquet of red roses in his hands. He looked me up and down then smiled at me.

"Here you go ma lady." He said in a fake British accent handing over the flowers to me.

"Thanks." I smiled smelling the roses.

"Shall we?"

"We shall." Jayce placed his hand on the small of my back and lead me to his range rover. He opened the door and closed it after I got in then jogged over to the driver's side.

We arrived at this fancy restaurant just a little out of town and got out walking through the entrance. We got seated and ordered.

"So what you think of the place?" He asked breaking the awkward silence.

"It's actually pretty interesting. The architect who designed this restaurant really did a good job." I sad admiring the place. It was very modern and the furniture and decorations were wisely chosen to accompany the theme of the restaurant.

"Thanks. I actually designed this." He said smiling at me. My mouth fell open as I looked at him. No wonder his grandmother brags so much. He is really talented. He laughed at my reaction and I blushed.

"Close your mouth the food isn't here yet." He said still laughing. I threw a breadstick at him and he stopped. "That wasn't nice."

"Shut up. That's what you get for laughing at me." I stuck my tongue out at him.

Our dinner came and we immediately dug in. We made small talk and I was constantly laughing at Jayce's jokes. He really knew how to make me smile. The dinner went better than I expected but I was glad it was over because I felt guilty about not telling Alandre about it.

After dinner he dropped me home and I was relieved. I changed into some comfy pj's and hopped in bed. I grabbed my phone and dialed Dre's number for the umpteenth time. He isn't answering his phone and I'm worried. I tried calling earlier but I was sent straight to voicemail. I don't see the point in him giving me a number to contact him there if he wasn't going to answer the phone. I brushed it aside and went to bed.

★★★★★

I woke up to the sound of the alarm on my phone and jumped out of bed getting ready for work. I went downstairs into the kitchen and was shocked when I saw Dre digging through the fridge. I grabbed my chest trying to slow down my heart rate.

"Dre? What you doing here?" I asked walking up behind him. He turned around towards me and smiled looking down at me.

"Sup ma? I came to drop you to work." He said licking his lips. I was still pissed at him for completely ignoring me yesterday and now he's being all lovey dovey. I mugged him and turned around to leave but he stopped me and pulled me close to him.

"Why you getting an attitude?" He looked down at me.

"Why did you ignore me yesterday? I called the number you gave me but you didn't even bother to pick up the damn phone."

"I had business to handle."

"So you couldn't take just two minutes to send me a text or call me." I snapped getting angry.