Chapter 11

Valentina's P.O.V.

Felena and I were in Forever 21 shopping. We had been shopping for over three hours and I was really getting tired. Felena was trying on a maxi dress and I was waiting for her. She walked out in the dress and twirled around smiling.

"What yuh think?" She asked looking at me.

"I think it's cute. I like this one better than the one before but can we please leave now before my stomach starts to make noise?" She laughed and nodded her head going back into the dressing room to change.

We were now finished shopping and sat eating in the food court. Felena and I were conversing talking about work when I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes. I jumped and was startled until I heard his voice.

"Guess who." I smiled and turned around to look at Jayce. He plopped down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "What's up bestfriend?" He asked ruffling my hair. I smacked his hand away and he pouted. I pinched his cheeks and cooed at him.

"I'm sowwie." He smiled and l smiled back. Ever since our date we just instantly clicked and I must say he's a great friend. He doesn't promote anything that makes me think he wants to be more than friends and I'm extremely glad for that. I heard Felena dramatically clear her throat and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. She gestured to the two of us with her hands and with a raised eyebrow.

"Care to explain why this nigga up on you like he yuh man or some shit?" Felena stated glaring at Jayce.

"Felena." I said in a warning tone. She smacked her teeth and looked back at Jayce.

"You know she got a man right and I think you should be scared a him too." She sneered. Jayce chuckled and looked at her smirking.

"I'm aware. So because she got a man she ain't allowed to have friends?" He asked. She mugged him and I intervened before things got out of control.

"It was good seeing you Jayce but I think you should go. I'll talk to you later." I said hugging him. He looked at me skeptically but then he smiled and got up.

"A-right ma." He looked over at Felena and smiled. "Bye Felena." She flicked him off and he walked away chuckling.

As soon as he was out of sight Felena gave me a death stare.

"What?"

"Dre gone kill yuh ass that's what." She said."He like yuh." I rolled my eyes and she shook her head. I had told her about my date with Jayce and how it went and she instantly got mad and said that I shouldn't be friends with him. I didn't see anything wrong in being friends with him so I just ignored her and smacked my lips.

We continued eating until we saw it was getting late and decided to leave. Jayce is just a friend and I don't even look at him as more than that. I hope he does too because I would have to end our friendship for his safety.

When I arrived at Dre's place, I saw Zae's car in the driveway and wondered why he was here. I grabbed my shopping bags and entered the house using a spare key that was now mine, Dre gave to me this morning. I walked into the kitchen and saw Dre over the stove cooking what I'm assuming is weed because the entire house smelt like it. Zae and Ray were smoking blunts while packaging the weed and placing them into a duffel bag.

"Hey baby sis. What you bought your big bro." Zae said smashing his blunt in the ash tray. I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. I then reached into my hand bag and handed him a hershey's bar.

"That." I said grinning. He smacked his teeth and I laughed.

"This the love I get from your spoilt ass." He send opening the chocolate bar and eating it anyway.