Chapter 5

Valentina's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Another day of work. It's really great working there. My mentor Ms. Duncan is an amazing woman. She helps me understand better how to treat the patients and conversate friendly with them.

I got out of bed and headed in the bathroom. I did my usual morning hygiene and was out the bathroom putting on my clothes.

I walked downstairs straight into the kitchen and decided on a bowl of my favourite cereal. Honey Nut Cheerios. After I was finished I placed my bowl in the sink and left out the house not bothering to wake Zae.

I got in my car and noticed that it was 7:40.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car making sure its locked and made my way inside the hospital to clock in.

The day went by in a blur and before I could register the day's events it was over. I walked into the house but not before noticing a strange car next to Zae's. It was an all black Pogany and it was sexy as hell. I ignored it and walked in dropping my bag at the door.

"Zae I'm home." I shouted. I heard noises coming from the living room and walked in there to see Zae and Alandre playing Fifa World Cup on the xbox and smoking. The whole room smelled like weed.

Zae realized I was in the room before acknowledging me with a quick head nod and returning to the game.

Alandre acted as though I wasn't even there but I don't care that's his ass.

I went into the kitchen to grab a yogurt and turning around I bumped into something really hard and fell flat on my butt. I looked up to see Alandre watching down at me with amusement on his face. He offered me his hand but I declined it and helped myself up.

"Nigga is you blind or something? Watch where you going next time." I said rolling my eyes at him and brushing past his shoulders.

Before I could leave the kitchen I was being pushed against the wall with my yogurt dropping to the floor. He pinned both my hands above my head and gave me a death glare. He brought his face closer to mine and I could smell and feel his hot minty breath against my neck.

"I don't like the way you be disrespecting me ma. That shit don't fly by me unless you don't want your life." He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine. I'm sure by now my panties are soaked. I looked up to meet his eyes and he was staring at me intently.

I rolled my eyes at him trying to wiggle my way out of his grip but he just kept his grip on my hands.

"Can you let me go?" I snapped and he watched me for a brief moment before letting me go.

"Your brother just left to make a drop so he asked me to watch you until he get back." He said digging through the fridge and pulling out stuff to make a sandwich. I sat at the kitchen table and began eating my yogurt.

Zae treating me like a fucking child having people babysit me and shit. I already can't be in a room with Alandre without going at it with him. I don't know if I like him or not. It's complicated. Every time he touches me I melt. His effect on me scares me and I can't like him. Zae will bitch about it. Even though I'm sure if he met a girl he liked and I didn't like her he would still date her.

My train of thought was cut off by Alandre standing in front of me with a frown on his beautiful face.

"What?"

"I was fucking talking to you and you zoned out." He said mugging me."Where the fucking Mayo at?"

"Well if it isn't in the fridge that means we don't have." He smacked his teeth and walked back over to the island to continue making his sandwich. See what I'm saying he's such a big meanie.