Chapter 3

Time really flew by. I can't believe it's already Monday. I didn't even need my alarm to wake me up. I was up way before time. Work starts at 8:00am and it's only now 6:35am. I guess I can just start preparing and relax before it's time to leave. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready. I brushed my teeth and then 40 minutes later I was out of the shower.

I bought scrubs in all different colors at the mall with Z on Saturday. I nagged him until he gave in and went with me. I got dressed and straightened my hair, putting it in a messy bun with tendrils in the front and back. I didn't want to use makeup today so i just simply applied mascara and my cherry lip bam onto my lips. I looked over at my beside table, 7:33am. Great! Note the sarcasm. I guess I won't have time to eat much. I grabbed my gucci handbag and put my phone and purse along with my keys and headed downstairs.

Zae had one of his workers buy me a Mercedes Benz S-Class as a welcome home gift but I knew the other reason was because he was tired of driving me everywhere I wanted to go.

I walked into the kitchen and the smell of bacon, eggs and pancakes filled my nose. There stood some girl in nothing but a thong frying bacon. I scrunched my nose at the sight of her.

I turned to the kitchen table and saw Z watching the broad while licking his lips.

"Morning Teetee. This is..." Zae said to me then turning his attention to the girl, obviously forgetting her name.

"It's Rayneisha boo." She said batting her fake eyelashes.

I couldn't help but laugh at how ghetto her name is. She glared at me for a second before returning back to the stove.

"Make her a plate before she has to leave." Zae told her.

"No thanks. I'll just grab me a yogurt. I'm already running out of time. Can't be late on my first day." I said grabbing a yogurt out the fridge and kissing Zae on his cheek. "See you later Zae and Rantequeisha." I said spitefully pronouncing her name wrong and walking out the door. I heard her smack her teeth and I chuckled.

I hopped in my whip and pulled out of the driveway.

★★★★★

"Good morning Ms. Sanchez. Here's your schedule and other information you'll need." Mrs. Walters said handing over a folder to me as I sat in front of her desk. I opened it and saw things like my working hours, what I'm entitled to etc. "Since it's your first day, you'll be dealing with minor incidents and move your way up. Your mentor will train and guide you through until you get the hang of things. You work on the ground floor so get going. We have lives to save Nurse Sanchez." She said smiling warmly at me.

I couldn't hide the goofy grin on my face. I thanked her and made my way to the elevator to start my day.

"Nurse Sanchez, someone just arrived with a gun shot wound. We'll need you to clean it and bandage him up so that he can be on his way. He's in room 106. Everything you need is located in the room so no need to get anything." My mentor Nurse Duncan told me as I sat on the couch in the nurses lounge and listened attentively to her. The nurses lounge is where nurses are when their not working and where we chill.

After she left I headed to room 106 to help my first patient. I walked into the room and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a cute nigga sitting on the bed. Saying he was cute would be an understatement. He was beyond cute, he was freaking gorgeous. When he looked up at me I froze temporarily. I scanned him from head to toe admiring his every feature. He had a caramel complexion. His hair was short with ocean deep waves that made me imagine my hands passing through them. His eyes were freakishly mesmerizing and hypnotizing. They were blue. His lips were plump and pink and his jaw line structure was perfect. He had on a plain white tee but it was stained with blood and made his muscles print through his shirt. To top it all off he had tattoos on both his arms that made me instantly get that sense he was in the drug game. My admiration of his body stopped when I heard him speak.