Chapter 3 - Get Out Of My Way

Pearl's POV

A couple of days have passed after my moment with the bitch that shall not be named. I didn't even care that I was calling her a bitch, it was because she was one. I was in my cleaned room, until I heard a knock on the door, before the door opened to reveal my only friend, Jessica. She was not like me, she's romantically involved with a freak and would be moving out soon to begin her new chapter. "Feeling better now?" she asked me gently, before she fully came into the room and walked over to me. "Not really, where have you been?" I asked. 

"You know I have been busy with moving, Pearl. And this is my last hour here." she told me. I then sighed deeply, before I moved down the bed, sitting on the edge of it. "Why does this world exist, Jess?" I asked her the real question. "I understand you passionately hate her, but I have a feeling that you might...-"

"I might be what?" I asked her, quickly turning around to look at her. "You might be her mate. I just have this feeling." she replied. Then, there was a long pause before I stood up and began walking. I didn't know where I was going, I just had to go. I didn't know what a 'mate' meant, but I knew it was going to be something to do with love and romance. I wasn't that type of person. I went from my room, to downstairs, then went to open the front door to leave. 

Until the Queen got in the way by getting in front of me, blocking my escape.

"Get out of my way." I said in a low tone, my heart began to skip a couple of beats. "I can't let you go." she told me. "Get out of my fucking way." I said again. "You won't be able to survive out there. It's too dangerous." she said. 

"You  are dangerous. You are a fucking freak, so get out of my way." I told her. She shook her head, which was the last straw for me. I placed my hand on her side, before I suddenly felt a invisible spark in my chest, causing me to jump and quickly pulled my hand away. I raised my arms up, not knowing what was going on. "Jessica, I believe your hour is up." the Queen told Jessica. "Bye, Pearl. I wish you and the Queen well." Jessica said to us. When I turned my head to look at her, she was already gone. 

"She was right..." I whispered to myself, before the Queen pushed my arms down and grabbed my hand. It felt like a sparkler was going off in my stomach with each touch. Then, without a word spoken, she began to lead me upstairs to her bedroom, hopefully to have a chat...