Chapter 4 - The Chat

Pearl's POV

I sat down on the edge of her bed, looking up at her, afraid of what she was going to talk about. I was also afraid of her generally. "I felt the same spark." she started the chat. That's interesting. "Did it surprise you?" I asked her, "Not at all. We are meant to be together. I fell in love with your beautiful features until I realised that I had to punish you for not following the rules." she replied. I nodded, understanding her a little. "You are beautiful too." I ended up telling her. She had long raven black hair, and had a small gold ruby crown on the top of her head until she decided to take it off, placing it down on the dresser beside me. She had dead pale skin, which was apart of being a vampire. 

"See? Now we are slowly getting to know each other before the big night comes." she told me. "What big night?" I immediately asked, "The blood moon, of course. Have you never seen it?" she asked me, "No. I wasn't here." I told her. Then, her eyes widened as if something had actually surprised her. Her eyes then softened as she smiled at me, "Well, the blood moon is a thing that happens commonly. It's where I get to make love with you all night long." she told me what it was, in a uncomfortable way. I felt a shiver down my spine.

"I'll pass on that." I said, before I watched the Queen shake her head as a no. She then walked over to me and stroked my leg with her dangerously cold fingers. Fuck that sparkly feeling...

"You won't be able to resist me once you see her." she told me playfully, "See who? Your vampire side?" I asked her, "Correct." she replied. I moved away from her, not wanting to be touched by her anymore. 

"What are the signs I should look out for, then?" I decided to ask her.

"Glossy, shiny skin." she answered. "Just that?" I asked, "Oh, and my eyes. They glow when the moon decides to show it's magnificent face." she added. Okay then. I'll just hide when the time is right.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you. It wasn't nice." I apologised for my mental breakdown.

"Apology accepted." she accepted it. I then let out a small sigh, before I let out a small yawn. 

"Rest, beautiful."