Chapter 12 - Around The Corner

// Something's around the corner again...

Pearl's POV

I was sleeping peacefully, until I felt like something was wrong with Dahlia. We were technically girlfriends at this point, and I was more close to her. I opened my eyes, looking over to see she was still in bed with me. I watched her move onto her back, seeing her eyes flutter open. No...please no...

"Why are you awake?" she asked me, "Is there something the matter?" 

"Your eyes are glowing." I told her, "Really? I don't feel any different." she replied. I placed my hand on her forehead, letting out a small sigh of relief as she wasn't sweating. "Feel free to get closer to me, if you want. It might help." she told me. I was hesitant, imagining all of the things that would happen. "That honestly sounds like a trap to me." I said, making her laugh a little. "I promise it isn't a trap." she reassured me before she spread out her arm. I bit my lip and moved up super close to her, placing my head against her chest and closed my eyes again. 

When I woke up again...Dahlia was on top of me and the room was a light shade of red. "I must be dreaming." I told her, "Nope, it's all real, Pearly." she told me back before she licked her lips seductively, her eyes showing lust for me. I then sat up, watching Dahlia snake her cold arms around me. It wasn't helping that I was feeling her lust towards me. "Look at me, Pearly." she ordered in soft but creepy way. I avoided her eye contact, turning my head away from her. 

Then, I felt her breathing on my neck...

Before she could bite me, I pushed her away from me and quickly began to crawl towards my escape but she was in front of me immediately. She placed her hand on my cheek as she began to lean towards my neck, feeling her fangs sink in softly. I let out a soft moan as she started to feed from me. The slurping sounds were driving me insane, but the pleasure was beautiful. She was beautiful...

A few seconds later, she pulled away and took off her robe that she was wearing, revealing everything to me and only me. I was her mate. I was a Queen's mate...

"I can see that you are still fighting it." she told me. She was right, I was still fighting it. Only just. 

I closed my eyes, trying to fully snap out of it until I felt her lips gently brush against mine. "I love you, Pearly." she said, "And I love you." I said back before I felt her pull away. "Then prove it." she then told me. I opened my eyes, watching her lay down beside me. 

I got on top of her hesitantly, before I took off my night shirt and left my underwear on. Dahlia was staring at my body, watching her fangs elongate. "We got all of the time in the world, Pearly." she said as I leaned down and started to gently kiss her chest. I wonder what she meant by, 'We got all of the time in the world'...