Chapter 19 - Human Craving

// The next book of the series will be out soon. Small warning in this chapter. Pearl's first blood lust...yeah, a little bit graphic. 

Pearly's POV

It has been a full day since I have been transformed by my wife, but, something didn't feel right. I sat up on the bed, feeling my teeth with my tongue. Yep, they were out. I then caught onto something. What the hell was that lovely smell? Was there a human nearby? 

"Oh shit..." I heard my wife whisper to herself, I turned my head to see her watching me. I bared my teeth at her accidentally, not knowing what I was doing. This smell was taking over me and I didn't know how to fucking stop it. "Human nearby. I want to sink my fangs into their neck. Can I do it?" I asked her for permission to go and play hide and seek with the human, but in a bit of a psychotic way. That didn't sound like me at all. 

"I'm sorry, but you can't do that. It's far too early to have human blood." Dahlia replied. I let out a small whine, before I laid back down. "I want to be covered in it." I said to her, and then I watched my mate sit on top of me, moving her hair to the side. "You can be covered in mine instead, if you want?" she offered me. This made me smile, before I sat up and wrapped my arms around my beautiful wife and pressed a small kiss on her neck.

And then I sank my fangs into her, feeling her body jolt against mine. I began to feed hungrily, hearing her gasp a little. I tried to give her some pleasure, but it just wasn't working, not at that moment. Her blood tasted bitter, but also sweet at the same time which was more addicting. Fuck...it was amazing. 

A few minutes later, I pulled away once I felt better and realised what I did. I almost fucking ripped a chunk out of my wife's neck. "I'm...-" I started, before she shook her head. At least she was a vampire and my rough bite mark was healing, but slowly. 

"Don't apologise, Pearly. I love you, okay? And I'm always here for you." she told me, "Now, we both need a hot shower. So come on, let's go."