Chapter 8 - Blaming Herself

Pearl's POV

I woke up, looking around slowly until I looked up at Dahlia. "I saved you with my blood. I'm so fucking sorry." she apologised to me, her voice cracking. "As long I am still human, I'm happy." I told her, before I slowly sat up and stretched my arms, arching my back a little. "It's my fault, Pearly. Please forgive me. I'm not a monster." she told me, making me turn myself around to see her. She was crying...

"It's okay. I'm not angry with you...-" I said, trying to comfort her the best that I can, but I was making her worse. She looked tired too. "It felt like I was dying when you were passed out in my arms. So I've stayed up for hours and hours..."

"What time is it now?" I asked her, "I don't know...around 5 or something in the evening." she replied. "I think I need to get a doctor to see you. You are not right at all..."

"I know what's wrong with me, Pearly. I am fucking shattered because I was scared of losing you in my arms. That's how much I love you." she told me. I then sighed, gently grabbing her hand and started to guide her off the bed and away from it, heading over to the bathroom so we could get cleaned up. I sat her down in the large bath tub and started to fill it up. "What do you need me to do, if you don't want to get a doctor?" I asked her, "Be with me." she replied simply. I nodded, and a couple of minutes later, I was sitting next to her and was massaging her shoulders. I told her not to talk, as using her voice will tire her out more. I gave her a small kiss on the cheek, letting her know that I was there for her. 

After I was done with the clean up, I watched her get up and slowly walked over to the towel rack, grabbing one and wrapped it around herself. "I'm going to sleep for a day or so." she told me, "Okay. I will keep you company while you do that." I told her back, watching her go into the bedroom. I spent a further five minutes in the bath before I also got up and grabbed a towel, joining Dahlia. She was in her slumber now, like fully into it as she was out like a candle light. 

As much as I wanted to embrace her, I had to take care of myself.

Time to get some food, I think...