Chapter 17 - Hunt The Bride

// Are you ready for a fun chapter? <3 <3 <3

Pearl's POV

Time seemed to have flew by as it was the big wedding day. I was taking deep breaths in and out, knowing what today was going to be. My final hours as a human. It was a private ceremony, so nobody was invited, it was just me, the person that will marry us, and Dahlia. I wore a long sleeveless red dress, with a zip on the back. For foot wear...I was bare foot. 

I stood up from the desk that I was sat at, before I made my way downstairs to get married. As soon as my feet touched the wooden floor, all of the lights went out. Um...was there a power cut? I looked around, before I spotted a red eerie glow coming from the throne room. It made sense, honestly. Us getting married there. Well, goodbye human life. It's been a fun ride. 

I walked into the throne room and slowly walked towards Dahlia, who was wearing the same outfit as me, and the woman that was going to marry us officially. There was no sign of the blood moon either...for now.

"Do you, Queen of Power, take Pearl to be your wife?" 

"I do."

"And do you, Pearl, take the Queen of Power to be your wife?" 

"I do." 

She then turned to Dahlia, leaning in to her ear and whispering; "You may now hunt the bride."

Hunt the bride? What the fuck was that supposed to mean?

I took a couple of steps back away from Dahlia, and began to run. I ran upstairs with her following me, breathing heavily as I was panicking inside. Then, I felt her pick me up and took me into the bedroom, placing me down to lock the door. "One kiss and you'll be in my control." she purred, watching her walk in front of me. I shook my head, looking down on the floor. She chuckled softly, lifting my chin up with her fingers. "What does 'hunt the bride' mean?" I asked her, afraid of the answer. 

"It means I can eat you up for dinner." she replied, before she opened her mouth to reveal her long fangs to me. "And then I can transform you." she added. Her eyes then changed into a beautiful dark shade of purple, getting much closer to me so that our clothed bodies were touching. But, they weren't clothed for long as we were on the bed, making out. I didn't know how it happened, but it did. 

I pulled away from the kiss, sitting back up. And then, she swapped position so that I was laying on the bed. "Join me, Pearly. We can forever rule the word together." she said, "Yes." I told her, before she leaned her head down and bit down into my exposed neck, causing me to arch my back from the pleasure that she was giving me. In goes the venom...

This feeling was insane...it felt like I was being reborn. I let out a loud moan, feeling her pull away once the venom was fully in my veins. "Fuck!" I then hissed, feeling the soft burning in my heart. "Embrace it, Pearly. Let it take over." my mate gave me some helpful advice, and so I just laid there, my arms twitching a little. I then sat up gracefully and licked my lips at my mate. "My mate..." I said, "Yes, Pearly?" she asked me, "I have a craving for your blood..." I replied. 

She smiled at me, tilting her head to the side. I wrapped my arms around my mate, and sank my new fangs into her.

Oh my...

Oh my, indeed...

She was moaning directly into my ear...

How wonderful...