Chapter 1-I'm a Father

"So, how are you coping with parenthood?"

Linda had agree to meet Lucifer at home for a few weeks, knowing this would be a difficult time for him. They sat facing each other in the living area. He didn't like to be too far from his new daughter, but she currently just outside being looked after by her other parents. It had been six days now, and he was slowly getting to the point that he didn't leap up whenever she made the smallest sound.

"So far, so good." He said. "I've never needed as much sleep as a human, so the interruptions aren't causing me too much difficulty. I'm enjoying having my body to myself again - apart from the feeding, obviously - but it's nice to be able to move again. Rose has a good appetite and is gaining weight steadily, as she should, and seems fairly content except when she's hungry. Chloe and Daniel dote on her, as does her sister, and she's being terribly spoiled for cuddles."

"That's good to hear. But I'm not your midwife, I'm your therapist. So, how are you coping emotionally?"

He breathed a heavily sigh. "Honestly, Doctor, I'm all over the place. I'm so thrilled. She's better than cocaine. I just have to look at her, hold her, and my heart soars and I feel like I could do anything. It's wonderful. But it hurts."

"In what way?"

"It's such an intense feeling. And there's still a