RD11| - Release Party

Trigger warning ⚠️

Trigger warning ⚠️

The single that she had just recorded was being played throughout the studio as everyone inside nodded their heads to the beat loving the way it sounded. She had booked studio time at the Label since her mind was going crazy with new songs and since they were still fresh in her head, she wanted them out as soon as possible.

Omari had been busy with getting Selene projects together which made everything fall on Amina with ensuring that she was getting herself together and knowing that a Record Deal was in their contract she thought that she would've been first priority but she was wrong as she sat on the chair alone with Ameri in the corner.

"Man; any of your parents could sing? Ain't no way this voice just came out of thin air with you." Hakeem, her producer who looked like an exact replica of actor Morris Chestnut.

"Only me." Amina blushed as she held her head down. "You know I always downplayed myself when I used to sing because my parents never wanted me to pursue singing."

"You bullshitting. They wanted to keep a voice like this hidden from the world?" He questioned unbelievable.

Amina nodded and ate some of the fries that she was nursing. "Mhm, thankfully Omari heard it one day and told me that we had to get started on a deal asap." She chuckled.

Hakeem was about to respond but Ameris voice stopped him, "Daddy!" She shouted before racing from her food into Omaris arms.

Amina just stayed seated on the sofa. She was still kind of upset with him for promising Ameri pizza but never making it back home in time. In fact, Omari hadn't make it home until about two in the morning that night and lately he found himself doing it and his excuse was that he wanted to be active in his artist's journey so why wasn't he active in hers?

Omari walked over to Amina and placed a kiss on her lips before bopping his head to her new single that was playing. "Is this about to be released tonight at the party?" He asked Hakeem who nodded. "Good, I know they'll love it." He smiled and looked back at Amina. "I was coming to ask if you and little monster wanted to grab something to eat but I see you beat me to it."

She nodded and gave him a grim smile, "Yeah, we've been here for the last four hours and I needed something in my stomach."

"You want some ice cream?" He questioned and tickled Ameri who happily nodded her head. "Come on." He told Amina and held his hand out for her.

Amina stood up and grabbed her belongings, "Thanks again, Hakeem. I'll see you at the party tonight." She waved as she left the studio with her family.

They both walked at a slow pace as Ameri hopped throughout the office. "Are you still upset with me?" Omari questioned Amina as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Her mind was screaming at her to say yes but how can she fault him for wanting to do his job the correct way and better than what the generations before him did? "No, I just don't want to feel like I'm alone in this whole thing. I'm writing my songs and booking my own studio time when this was supposed to be an effort on both of our parts; not to mention but you've also been coming home extra late and I'm starting to feel really stupid."