RD|2 - North Glandstate

On the North side of Glandstate, Omari walked into Ortland Record Label to have a meeting with his family concerning his position at the company

On the North side of Glandstate, Omari walked into Ortland Record Label to have a meeting with his family concerning his position at the company. The label started out with his great grandfather Ortland McCall and carried out as a generational business that he hope to one day obtain in good health and wealth.

"Good morning Mr. McCall." One of the employees greeted but he didn't bother to respond.

It wasn't that he was rude, he just felt like he didn't need to make small talk with anyone unless he wanted to have a genuine conversation with them. He heard the gossips throughout the office and they weren't pleasant when it came to him but he didn't care as long as the Label was running smoothly.

Growing up, Omari was always labeled as arrogant, mean and self righteous but he had the mains to be that way because he believed that if he got comfortable with people then they'd eventually leave so what better way to protect himself then to not pay them any mind and refuse to allow them to get close to him.

He wasn't always this way but life sometimes had its way of changing you even when you weren't looking for any changes and the circumstances that were placed in front of you sometimes help that decision in creating someone you no longer recognize when you look in the mirror.

Omari often found himself challenging a lot of things that he does in his day to day life. He never wanted to stick to one routine everyday because he found it be extremely boring so everyday he created a list; a list that would allow him to somehow be himself in private and create joy for him in public even if that joy was shown within.

To everyone else, he was the hottest bachelor of the year but to him; he just wanted to be Omari but opening up scared him. Being vulnerable scared him and one day he hoped that he would return to his old self even if it's a better version of who he once was.

"I brought baked goods." He slyly smirked at his family.

"Ooo, is this from the cafe down on the Southside?" His mother, Claire questioned.

Walking over to his mother, Omari bent down and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Only the best for my queens." He smiled and kissed his paternal grandmother who was sitting next to his mother, Marian. "Hey mawmaw." He greeted.

Marian grabbed Omaris face in her hands, "Are you eating dumplin? You know you can always come over to my house and eat some food. You look like you're losing some weight." She said as she sized him from head to toe.

Omari chuckled as he stared at her in awe, his grandmother reminded him of actress Cassi Davis and it didn't help that she was the exact replica of the actress and can sure as hell sing like her. "Are you ever going to let that nickname go?" He questioned and shrugged out of his trench coat and placed it behind the chair that he was going to occupy.