RD| 15 - Date Nights & Intimacy

Hakeem bopped his head to the music that he was working on with Amina as she sat in the booth with headphones on doing the same

          Hakeem bopped his head to the music that he was working on with Amina as she sat in the booth with headphones on doing the same. "Should I do the bridge over?" She questioned with her mouth twisted to the side.

He nodded and turned the music down some, "Yeah, I want you to actually let your emotions speak through you when you sing it this time. Feel the lyrics; they are yours."

Twiddling with her fingers, she nodded and took a deep breath before fixing her headphones on her head and giving Hakeem a thumbs up to start playing the instrumental again.

Since it was a Thursday and her album release day, she figured that it would be best if she got some studio time in as well. Grabbing her phone, she went on Instagram and recorded a quick boomerang of her in the studio before posting it.

With their doctors appointment it gave Amina the confirmation that she was really pregnant and it was like a signal went to her brain to really register the news to where she had began experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms she could've thought of.

Her main symptom was fatigue and she found herself sleeping a lot more and getting out of the bed today alone was a struggle for her and let's not getting started on the weight she was starting to notice.

It wasn't like she wasn't excited to be carrying life again but the thought alone just scared her. In her first pregnancy with Ameri, she wasn't single but it almost felt like she was. She went to almost all of her appointments alone, bought most of Ameris stuff alone and gave birth alone and somewhere in the back of her mind was causing her to be triggered by the memories.

She had to tell herself everyday that Omari wasn't like Ave but who was she kidding? She hardly knew Omari, he could be telling her one thing and do the complete opposite but the thought of him being like Ave just didn't settle well in her stomach.

It was like she was disrespecting Omari and his upbringing. A man that was in love with his family was a man worth loving in her eyes and she knew that she couldn't admit to Omari that she was now falling in love with him and the idea of them possibly being forever.

"Amina?" She heard someone called her name and snapped out of her thoughts. "Are you with me?"

Shaking her head, "Sorry. What did you say?"

Hakeem chuckled, "It's okay. I said we're done here and you're free to go if you like."

"Really? I sang already?" She scrunched up her face.

"Uh yeah and you did it way better than you did before." He complimented. "Whatever you were thinking about most of helped."

Giving him a tight lip smile, "Thanks. I guess I'll go do some shopping for the house in my spare time."

"How come you're not having an album release party tonight like Selene?"

"Selene? I thought her album wasn't coming out until Summer?"