RD|13 - BBQ's & Sad News

Negative

Negative. Amina had never been so happy to see that word in her life as she looked down at her test results that she finally picked up from the clinic. Thankfully, everything came back as negative and now she could stop making up excuses to Omari whenever he tried to initiate sex.

After her stitches came out, she still wanted to be on the safe side and just gave him a handjob and blamed her not being sexually active with him on the fact that the pregnancy just had her extremely tired but now she knew she owed him some big time.

Quickly shoving the papers in her drawer, she faced her vanity mirror and applied some lip gloss on her mouth. "Are you ready?"

Staring at Omari through the mirror, Amina popped her lips together to rub in her lipgloss. "You look so good when you dress down." She complimented and scanned him from head to toe.

Before Omari got the chance to say anything back, Ameri ran in their room and straight to her mother as Amina picked her up and placed her on her hip. "I'm ready!" Ameri cheesed.

"You really shouldn't be lifting her still."

"She's not that heavy and plus I'm only two months. The baby is fine." She reassured him but Omari looked unconvinced as he just threw her a look and walked out of their room.

Amina sighed, "How about you be a big girl and walk for mommy, okay?"

The place was packed with Omaris extended family as everyone wore their matching shirts and jeans pants in celebration of Pops sixty eight birthday party. Ameri let go of her hand and ran to Ms. Cynthia who happily picked her up. "I'm gonna go get a beer. You want something to drink?" Omari asked as he looked down at Amina who was watching her surroundings. "Hey, if you don't want me to leave your side then I won't."

Giving him a small smile, she stood on her tippy toes and pecked his lips. "I'm good, plus my sisters just arrived."

He nodded and gave her one last look before walking off. Amina let go of the breath that she was holding and made sure that no one was in close proximity of her. To be honest, she was scared shitless that one of his male family members might snatch her up and rape her.

Shaking the negative thoughts out of her head she smiled at her sisters as she hugged them one by one. "Welcome to your first annual celebration of Pops." Pure laughed.

"They sure know how to make something look good."

"They're the McCalls of course they do." Seven told Amina. "Claire will be teaching you the ropes soon, I'm sure."

"As if Amina needs it. Did you forget how bossy she was when it came to planning out birthdays?"

Seven rolled her eyes, "How can I ever forget? I was the one pushed in the bushes for not doing the floral arrangements correctly for mothers birthday."