RD|12 - Whatever

Cooped up

          Cooped up. That's where Amina had been for the last two days. She hadn't made any effort to get out of bed once Omari and Ameri left the house. She didn't need either of them to know that she was mentally suffering because she had yet to grasp what had happened to her and couldn't understand why it had to happen to her.

Everything was finally going good in her life and here came the biggest devil of it all reminding her that he could still her joy in the blink of an eye and that's exactly what he did. Why wasn't she strong enough to fight him off? Why couldn't Hakeem come to her rescue earlier? Why did Omari leave her? Why did she stopped screaming?

The questions were playing over and over and over and over again in her head and no matter how many times she tried to beat it out; it just won't go away. Nothing will go away. His face was haunting her, her face was haunting her and her hatred for herself felt like it was now growing immensely and there was nothing that she could do about it.

I'm so weak. She thought and pulled the covers up to her.

Her phone started to ring and she picked it up without looking at the caller ID. "What!?" She shouted enraged that she forgot to turn her phone off.

"I-is this Mrs. McCall?" The person on the other end questioned.

"Depends on who's asking." Amina snapped.

The person on the other end cleared their throat, "This is Family Practice Clinic. I'm calling to set an appointment to discuss one of your results that came back?"

"I'm not coming in so you can just say whatever on the phone."

"Well we did put a rush on your blood test but as you know we won't know if you contracted an STD or STI until we do a second blood test down the line but with the rape kit blood test. It showed that you're at least one month pregnant." They informed Amina. It was almost as if the line went dead, "Hello, are you still there Mrs. McCall?"

The only thing that registered in Amina's head was to get up and run to the bathroom as she emptied her stomach. She was puking up nothing but water because that was the only thing keeping her. She wasn't eating, sleeping, drinking or talking once Ameri and Omari weren't around.

This was supposed to be the moment where she would be rushing over to Omaris job and giving him the good news or taking a test together like they said they would've and as everything came crashing right back down. Her face was once again in the toilet as she cried and puked at the same time.

Knowing that it was time she talked to someone she forced herself to stand up and braced herself against the counter in the bathroom before reaching over and flushing the toilet. She looked exactly how she felt; a mess. Grabbing her toothpaste, she squeezed some toothpaste on it and began to brush her teeth.

Once she rinsed out her mouth and threw her hair in a messy bun. Amina grabbed one of Omaris sweater and matching sweatpants before putting them on and tying the pants string on her tightly. She didn't bother taking her phone as she left the house and walked to her destination.