My Heart Feels Dead Inside

Chapter Two

༻✦༺              ༻✧༺            ༻✦༺

"What's the date? The exact date." Five said as the siblings stood in the kitchen carefully watching Five who appeared to be making himself a sandwich.

"The 24th." Vanya answered.

"Of what?" Five asked annoyed.

"March." Vanya answered again.

"Good." Five seemed relieved.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked looking around.

"You mean about Klaus having his feet on the kitchen table." Frida said looking only at Klaus feet.

"It's been 17 years since we last saw Five." Luther said getting up from his seat.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five said before teleporting behind Luther.

"I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.

"The future." Five stated teleporting back. "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it." Klaus smiled.

"What kinda shit? Aliens? Government control? Zombies? Or just overall shit?" Frida asked but was ignored as the small child continued.

"I should've listened to the old man." Five informed. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice...Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus said.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five informed.

"That makes no sense." Diego said.

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Five answered back.

Diego got up but Luther stopped him before he did anything.

"How long were you there?" Luther asked.

"Forty-five years. Give or take." Five answered.

"So what are you saying? That you're 58?" Luther said.

"No, my consciousness is 58." Five corrected. "Apparently, my body is now 13 again."

"Wait, how does that even work?" Vanya asked.

"13 again I'd probably kill myself." Frida chuckled but eyes turned to worry as the siblings looked at her. "It's a joke."

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh." Five said trying to get the siblings to look back at him. "Bet she's laughing now."

"Delores?" Vanya asked.

"His zombie alien bride that works for the government is my guess." Frida whispered.

Five lifted up a newspaper. "Guess I missed the funeral."

"A few minutes early actually." Frida said.

"How'd you know about that?"

"What part of the future do you not understand?" Five said annoyed. "Heart failure, huh?"

"Yeah." Diego said.

"No." Luther said.

"Nice to see nothing's changed." Five said as he began to exit.