You'll Have To Watch Me Struggle From Several Rooms Away

༻✦༺   ༻✧༺  ༻✦༺

The kids heard thier mother begin playing the record. They waited for the bell once heard they all rushed down to the dinner table. They all stood in there usual seat far away from their fathers seat.

On one side sat Luther, Diego, Five and Vanya. On the other side Allison, Klaus, Ben, and Frida. They waited for there father who appeared after they all got to their spot.

"Sit." Sir Reginald instructed.

Luther and Allison eyed eachother from across the table thinking no one could see. Everyone could see.

Diego carved something on the side of the table.

Klaus rolled up a blunt.

Ben read a book.

Frida and Vanya seemed giggly as they seemed to be having there own mental conversation with each other.

Five seemed irritated and impatient. When he stabbed the table loudly all eyes were on him.

"Number Five?" Sir Reginald asked.

"I have a question." Five said.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules." Sir Reginald said. "No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

"I want to time travel." Five stated.

"No." Sir Reginald blankly said.

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five urged before teleporting next to his father. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel." Sir Reginald said. "One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it." Five said.

"Hence the reason you're not ready." Sir Reginald said.

Five looked over at Vanya who was shaking her head no hoping he'd stop pestering.

"I'm not afraid."

"Fear isn't the issue." Sir Reginald stated. "The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore."

Five waited before running out the house in anger.

"Number Five!" Sir Reginald yelled. "You haven't been excused! Come back here!"

Vanya looked like she was about to jump out and chase him but she looked at Frida who pleaded for her to stay.

Once they finished dinner they were excused as they walked back to their rooms Frida made sure to comfort Vanya.

"Everyone runs away once in a while." She whispered to her. "I can't even count how many times Diego's ran away."

"Are you guys talking about Five?" Diego said coming towards the the girls making everyone stop outside their rooms. "I say good riddance to that know it all."