𝟎𝟑|𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄

ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PHONE CALL SHE CALLED JESSE AND ASKED TO MEET HIM. He was the first person she wanted to tell and he answered straight away, telling her to meet him outside the main campus area—which she was already near after coming from the Deans office.

"Hey, ladies. Wanna come to a party? It's a tiki party. You guys don't even have to wear shoes. It's the best kind of party." He called out to a group of girls as they passed? holding out a leaflet to them.

"Hey, great job, Trebles. You guys k*lled it." A brown-haired girl approached him and he smiled, happy people still appreciated their talent.

"Oh, thank you. You like a cappella?" He asked and she nodded excitedly.

"Oh, yeah—" She started before the boy's attention was captured entirely by a girl that Emily recognised immediately—welcoming the nervousness that consumed her when she did so.

"J," Elle called over to her boyfriend excitedly, quickly heading over to him and planting a kiss on his lips before breaking away with a huge grin.

"Hey." He smiled with a chuckle, his hands still resting on her waist, the intoxicating smile on her face is mirrored on his as she looked at him overjoyed. "What's up? You look like me when I find money in the street." He laughed, only making her smile more.

"I got signed!" She exclaimed excited and Jesse's mouth dropped open. "The record company called me and they want to set me up to record some of the songs I wrote and maybe assign me a record label and produce my music." She rambled excitedly and once she finished Jesse practically smashed his lips against hers again.

"Holy fuck. I am so proud of you." He raved excitedly, wrapping his arms around her and spinning her around while she released a small squeal before they broke apart and he kept his arms around her shoulders. The pair then realised that the brunette from before was still standing there.

"Sorry, this is my girlfriend—" Jesse apologised realising he had cut her off.

"Elle Santos. It's so nice to meet you. You're amazing. Literally incredible. Like wow. I've got my heart set on being a Bella. And I'm here meeting the woman who is the centre of the Bella sound. It's actually at the very top of all my dream boards." She rambled and Elle smiled at her passion. She looked so friendly and invested in their group. It was a nice change from the judging stares she had been receiving all day.

"Did I hear mention of dreams? Hi. Benjamin Applebaum at your service. Hello. I just have to say, you are so spirited. I... I just wanna put you in a box and saw you in half." The nervous boy suddenly appeared as if from nowhere and immediately introduced himself before Elle had the chance to speak.

The girl looked disgruntled and Jesse immediately stepped in as his wingman. "For magic. As a part of a trick. He does magic." He stressed.

"Right." Benji managed to squeak out.

"It's only weird if you don't embrace it." He added as he lead both his girlfriend and best friend away from the courtyard, a hand around Elles's waist while he lectured his friend. "Dude, explain yourself." He patted him on the shoulder sympathetically.

"I'll be honest, I completely blacked out. How'd I do, Ellesse?" He asked worried, looking at the couple for their opinion. Ellesse was a nickname he had created for the pair as a couple.

"Honestly? I've seen you do worse." Elle shrugged, recalling the time he had attempted to make conversation with Madelyn—of who she was still friends, while Jesse nodded in agreement.

"Awesome." Benji sighed in relief.