𝟏𝟔|𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓

AFTER THE BUS RIDE THAT INCLUDED ELLE IGNORING EVERYONE, THEY FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE GOD-FORSAKEN RETREAT. Elle knew that this weekend was gonna be a lot of work. Emotionally, physically, in any way possible really. And she did not have the energy for that work.

"This place is sweet!" Emily grinned as she climbed out of the bus with her lopsided summer hat almost slipping off—with no hand free because of the many suitcases she had in her hands.

"It's nice, right?" Chloe agreed, following after Flo who was struggling to pull her giant suitcase from off the bus.

"I need to find somewhere to charge my laptop." Beca huffed, following Elle who was still in a huff off the bus. "How'd you hear about this place?" She asked, looking at the wooded land around them.

"From yours truly. Hello, Bellas." They heard a familiar voice pronounce beside them and they all turned to look at the blonde that was once the leader of the Bella's.

"Aubrey!"

"Aubrey!"

"Aubrey!"

They all called, running over to the blonde and throwing their arms around the girl. Even Elle. "Okay, girls. Oh, wow. Hi! You must be Emily." She hugged them all back, turning to Emily who was hanging back at the end. "Hey, hey. Hey. Hi." She continued to greet them all. She had truly missed the girls that made the Bella's the Bella's.
She took note of them all looking around at the wooded land around them, including the large cabin to their left. "Welcome to The Lodge at Fallen Leaves, where Fortune 500 companies send their employees to build teamwork skills." She explained proudly.

"You run this whole place?" Elle asked, slightly amazed that she had created such a large and well-functioning business.

"You know, I realized I had a knack for barking orders and bending people's will. So I made a career out of it." She grinned warmly, but that changed real fast. "Which reminds me, fall in line, Bellas!" She screamed suddenly making Elle practically jump out of her skin.

"She ain't changed," Amy grumbled, steadily making her way to line up beside the others.

"No slouching! No straggling! I see you, Jessica." She called out the girl who was reluctant in making her way to join the others, slightly hiding behind Ashley. "It is with great sorrow and regret that I had to watch our once proud organization become a national disgrace!" She reprimanded the girls.

"Can I have the keys to the minibar?" Fat Amy asked nervously, not meeting Aubrey's intimidating gaze when she asked.

"Zip it." She snapped and Fat Amy gasped and turned away from her. "The Worlds signifies a sh*t at redemption. You don't have a chance at winning until you find your sound again. You have totally lost your harmony!" She lectured, looking over at Elle who was looking down at her shoes and slightly moving her feet.
"So, for the next two days, you will be doing everything together until you regain it. Ladies, get ready to be transformed. You are surrounded by the strength of your fellow Bellas and the support of a proud female tradition. And a few dozen bear traps. So don't stray too far from the marked paths. Okay, great, let's go!" She rambled, listing the rules and their aims all on one go.

"All right. Well, maybe I'll just start with a hot shower, maybe a little foot rub." Fat Amy suggested as an alternative.

"Fat Amy, there are no guest rooms for you," Aubrey stated matter of factly. A frown almost immediately appeared on the blonde's face once she broke the news.

"Then where are we staying?" She asked confused.

It was later that night and they were all positioned inside the tent, all their heads lay upon pillows that were lined along the middle, half laying one side, half the other. "I don't understand camping. We're voluntarily living like dogs." Florencia huffed, crossing her arms over her chest in the claustrophobic tent.