Phone call

I woke up on the couch in Nora's living room with a blanket wrapped around me, my phone buzzing on the coffee table in front of me.

I picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID.

It was Daveed.

I looked at the time at the top of my screen.

12:37 a.m.

I answered and rolled on my back with the phone to my ear.

"Y/N?" I heard him say on the other side of the line.

"Hey." I said while fiddling with a lose tread on the blanket.

"Y/N I'm so sorr-"

"It's okay. I'm not mad." I said cutting him off.

"Really? Why?" He said. He sounded tired, stressed.

"You're heart was in the right place. Just next time, please talk to me instead of calling Lin. And we'll come up with a compromise."
I said.

"Okay fair enough. So we're okay?" He asked. I could tell he was pacing on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah we're good."

"Good...but where are you?"

"I'm with my friend. I think Im gonna stay here a while. I still don't wanna go back home."'
I said while rubbing my forehead.

"You can stay with me. I really don't mind."
He said, almost pleading.

"I know, but I haven't seen my friend in a while, so I may be here for a few days." I responded.

"Okay, but don't completely disappear. I need you, just make sure to check in."
He said.

"Okay. But I'm gonna go back to bed."
I said while turning on my side.

"Okay, have a good sleep lovely. I love you."

"I love you."
I said and hung up the phone.

-

I woke up at 9:00 a.m to Nora throwing a pillow at my head.

"Get up, we're going for breakfast."

"Y'know you could've just shaken me a little bit." I said while taking the pillow she threw at me and covering my face with it.

"GET UP!"
She screamed while dragging me off the couch by my leg.

"Okay fine I'm up."

-

After breakfast we went shopping and basically just had a girls day.

My was had been on silent and I had only been messaging Daveed, just checking in every few hours.

And as the sun started to set we went back to Nora's house and I quickly fell asleep on the couch.

-

The next morning I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the blinds.

I picked up my phone which was charging on the armrest of the couch.

It was Daveed asking if I could sleep at his apartment.

I had been here for 2 nights now so I guess I can go with Daveed.

So I packed up my stuff, said goodbye to Nora and headed over to Daveed's apartment.

-

I walked in and smelled the familiar scent as I called out for daveed.

I dropped my bag on the ground as ran over to me and enveloped me in a hug.

"I've missed you." He said into the side of my neck.

"It's only been 3 days."

"Yes. Three long days." He responded while hugging me tighter.

"Okay, you're cutting off my air supply." I said as he picked me up and walked me over to the couch.

"We're sitting here and cuddling and you're never leaving again." He said seriously.

"Deal."

-