Dress rehersal

Big time jump from the last chapter. 

A month had gone by, and everything had been super normal. No panic attacks, no feeling numb, no fighting. That's what it looked like. That's what I made it seem like. It had been better than that month before, but getting through the days were just difficult, I just didn't want people to worry about me. The opening night was three weeks away. 

My mind keeps getting away from me. If i'm not working, i'm stressing myself out. But nobody knew that, and i'd like to keep it that way.

My nights were spent with Daveed, mostly at his apartment. 

I had been working with the cast on choreography since I had finished the costumes. Today was finally the day for a full dress rehearsal. That being said: I was in my designing room helping everyone with their costumes. 

I helped lace up the back of Renee's dress, then went to help Jasmine. 

I was in their dressing room, Pippa was in the bathroom, and Renee had just left the room. 

"Are you and Diggs together?" she asked suddenly, while pulling her hair over her shoulder so then I could have access to the back. 

"How did you come to that conclusion?" I asked.

I didn't actually know how to respond. Daveed and I never actually established whether or not we should tell people about us. 

"Well are you?" she asked as I finished the back of her dress.

"Done!" I exclaimed, admiring my work on the dress.

She turned around and looked in the mirror and stood, staring in awe.

"You're the most talented person i've ever met!" she said while turning around to hug me.

"You look beautiful!" I said as I hugged her back.

"But now I have to go see if any of the guys need help. And knowing them, they probably do." I said while walking away and laughing.

I walked into the dressing room that Anthony, Oak, and Daveed shared. 

Anthony was on the chair putting on his shoes, Oak was finishing buttoning his coat, Daveed was nowhere in sight.

"Are ya'll good in here?" I said. 

"Yeah. But these shoes make me look like i'm about to pull up to the first thanksgiving." Anthony said, giving me a smile. 

"It's the 1700's, you might as well be, and pull your hair back tighter." I said as I turned to leave, when a certain someone appeared in the doorway behind me.

His hair was pulled back and his costume fit him a little too good.

I smiled at him and just admired him for a second. 

"What are you staring at lovely?" He said while pulling me out of the room and into the hallway.

"I'm staring at the sexiest man to ever fight in a war." I said pulling him in for a kiss when Lin's voice rang through the headset, making me flinch since the volume was too loud for my liking.

"Y/N, Leslie needs help with his costume." He said.

"I need to go help someone with their costume." I said while pulling away.

He frowned and kissed me again. "I love you" 

"I love you. But seriously I need to go." I said and kissed his cheek then started to walk away. 

I heard him sigh behind me.

"I'll see you after the battle of Yorktown." I said as he laughed sarcastically and went back into his room.