Hogwarts Chapter ~ 2

The train ride was really...long. But that wasn't a problem for James and Sirius. The two boys enjoyed talking and laughing and sharing information about their home-life. As day turned to night, the students became more and more curious as to what exactly was in store for them.

Finally, after several long hours they arrived at their destination, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The great castle was lit up by torches. Even the cold night air was warmer because of the castle's aura.

The students stepped off the Hogwarts Express and into the night. James heard a voice, the voice coming from none other than Hagrid.
"All first years come with me! All first years!"

The first year students came over to Hagrid and started off towards the lake. There were several boats parked on the docks. James figured they were going to have to ride them to get to the castle. The ride was magical. The lights coming from the castle were reflected on to the lake making it sparkle. The students caught dark glimpses of the giant squid who lives in the lake. There were murmurs coming from the rest of the first years, excited that they would be living here for the school year.

When they arrived on the other side Hagrid let them off the boats and took them to the doors of the castle. He knocked on the massive wooden door that was now the only thing keeping them from their new life. The door opened. There in the doorway, stood a woman wearing long, black robes and a black pointed hat. Her hair was tied in a tight bun and she had a very strict look on her face. James wondered who this woman could be? But right then, his silent question was answered.
"Hello children, I am professor McGonagall, welcome to your new life at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, please follow me inside."

Sirius and James looked at each other, thinking the same thoughts

This was the start of something magical.