[chapter one] one hundred and fourty three days

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Aires pov...

Tate Florence Hale.

That was my real name. The name that was mine. And I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do with it. 

The name Aires made me sick, sick to my stomach. It wasn't me, it was never was me. But who was Tate? Who was she? Was she me, the real me? Who was I? I wasn't Aires, that was for sure. That was the name Talia gave me, and I was not her daughter. I belonged to the woman and man that named me Tate, not Talia. But who the hell were they? 

My whole life had been a lie, every memory, everything that had happened had been made up, altered in my brain. My mother- Talia, my family, they lied. They lied to me my whole life. I could no longer tell what was real anymore, I didn't know who to trust.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

One hundred and forty three  days had passed since Sage's death. 

France had been, something. Aires couldn't remember much of the past few months, everything was blurred together. Parties, alcohol, hookups and her escape. She didn't do much with her time, and did everything with it all at once. She was nonverbal most of the time, refusing to speak because she knew only cruel words would come out. 

A lot of time was spent with Allison, mostly watching movies and wandering around. They were both grieving, both still were. Except Aires had found a way to 'deal' with it. Some nights, she could still hear Allison's sobs, her pleads for her mother to come back. Aires didn't ever cry, but the nights she closed her eyes she did scream. 

Aires wished she was a different person, someone like Allison. Someone who wasn't selfish and was full of love. Except she wasn't that person, she was selfish and she carried hatred heavy in her heart. That was the difference between her and Allison. They may both have been broken, but only one of them was saveable.

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

Living with the Argents was different than what Aires had imagined, and it was something she hadn't even imagined happening in the first place given the circumstances of everything. The rules on returning to Beacon Hills were that Aires and Allison would stay out of supernatural drama, it destroyed both of their lives and almost took them both. Chris also set other rules in place like, no sneaking out, always say where you are going, always be safe, Tuesdays are reserved family night, always answer your phone and the most important one, never get involved

That one was the hardest for Aires to accept considering her whole life had been surrounded by the supernatural, and she was one herself. However Chris was hoping to change all of it. If there are any supernatural problems they were not to get involved. 

"Have you spoken to your brother?" Lydia asked curiously whilst shoving her head in between the two front seats.

A groan involuntarily fell from the Hales lips because she could stop it. "Yes," she quickly answered in a crappy attempt to conceal it. "He and Chris came to an arrangement that I can spend two days a week over at Derek's new loft, however he has to be in full contact with Chris over that period of time. I don't think Chris trusts him."

An understatement of the century. 

"Wow, looks like Daddy Argent isn't just overprotective with Allison anymore." The strawberry blonde snickered as she threw her head back in laughter. "So, meet any cute guys? Or girls?"