[chapter twenty four] enclosed in the darkness

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Gaps echoed around the room as Scott, Allison and Stiles all shot out of the three ice tubs.

"I SAW IT! I KNOW WHERE IT IS! I KNOW WHERE THE NEMETON IS!"

"We can find it."

As he got out of the tub, Stiles' eyes narrowed whilst he wrapped a towel around his body. "Why do you guys all have that look?"

"You guys were out a long time." Deaton muttered regretfully, not giving them the full truth, not sure how to. 

"How long?"

"Over sixteen hours."

"That's not the only thing." Deaton whispered hesitantly.

"Where's Aires?" Allison demanded as her eyes scanned the room for the girl.

"She woke up an hour ago, violently screaming and thrashing about like she was trying to hurt herself." He muttered, unable to meet their gazes. "It took over twenty minutes just to calm her down and she's been unresponsive since she woke up, she hasn't acknowledged us or spoken. I don't know what it was that happened to her, but because of the pure fear and horror that was in her eyes I have a feeling she was inside her mind a lot longer than you guys."

"Where is she?" Stiles demanded.

"Just through here." Deaton mumbled whilst leading the three soaking teenagers through to the other room.

In the corner, like a scene out of a horror movie, Aires sat with her knees pulled up to her chest. The image of Stiles being shot replayed in her mind, trapping her in a trance. One nobody had been able to pull her out of. 

She was too far in. 

"Ree?" Stiles whispered from the entrance, igniting something inside of the girl as she let out another blood curdling scream. 

Maniacally, she lunged across the room and grabbing a knife off the shelf, holding it high in her hands as she scooted further into the room. Frantically, she waved it about warningly. 

"It's okay." Deaton coaxed.

"Aires." Allison whispered whilst slowly approaching the girl. "It's okay. You're safe. You're here, with me." 

With shaky hands and wild eyes, Aires stared at the Argent before lowering the knife and placing it on the floor before giving it a shove across the room with her feet. 

She was silent as she assessed the room, as she tried to tell what was real and fake.

"Alli?" She muttered in a low emotionless voice. 

"It's me."

"Okay." The Hale whispered with a nod, however, she still sat in the corner, curled up, unmoving. 

"You're safe, Aires it's okay." 

But it wasn't, nothing was okay. 

Shaking her head, Aires forced herself further into the corner whilst resisting the urge to snatch back the knife. She was sat defenceless whilst everyone stared at her with wide, worried eyes. Nobody had ever seen her so scared, in such a state before. And they all dreaded to know what she had gone through in the depths of her subconscious.

"Aires, how long were you in there?" Deaton asked softly as he assessed the girl. 

She wasn't going to tell anyone about the violet door or about the other version of herself she had seen. That was all information she needed to keep to herself. So whilst Deaton looked at her, she tried to think of something to say that would placate him, however, Stiles spoke before she had the chance to.