Chapter 6

Kadence
I was in my office when my Beta notified me we had someone breach our South border. He stated he could handle things so I continued my work. About an hour later he comes in to my office to let me know everything has been handled. Before he can give me all of the details a voice speaks.

"Alpha Kadence." A voice came through the link, it was our pack doctor. Dr. Bell. "Yes Dr. Bell?" I ask in response.

"The woman found with the stray wolf is able to leave any time. The she-wolf however, is in critical condition. Please come down to speak with me when you can." He responds. "Woman? She-wolf? I'm coming down now." My voice a bit angrier than before. No one notified me of a rouge she-wolf in my pack hospital. And definitely didn't notify me of a HUMAN female.

"What the hell Christian?" I yell at him and looks at me confused. "When were you planning to tell me about the she-wolf and human that are in our pack hospital as we speak?!" I growl at him as he shrugs.

He rolls his eyes and sighs, "I was getting to that but we were so graciously interupted by the good doctor himseld.

I growled as I walked through the halls of the pack house. This definitely dampened my mood. We don't harm women but we sure as hell don't house them either. Especially not HUMANS. Our existence is a secret, unless of course a wolf's mate is human. They can then inform them about werewolves but it can't go any further than that.

Suddenly the smell of roses hit me square in the face and a shiver runs down my spine. It was the sweetest scent I've ever smelled. My mouth watered and I rushed forward, Wesley pacing in my mind.

"Mate!" He yips in my mind and I freeze in place. Mate?

I don't have a mate. I can't...did the Moon Goddess really give me a mate? Even after all that I've done? No, it can't be. I don't deserve a mate. She must have made a mistake. Pain surges through me as I fight the urge to follow the delectable scent. This is wrong. I turn around and run out of the pack house.

"WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY?! OUR MATE IS IN THERE! GO BACK!" Wesley yells, pissed that I didn't go to her.

"I can't, Wesley I don't deserve a mate." I respond sadly.

"The Moon Goddess gave her to us. She is our other half. The healing we need Kade....go to her." He replied, he understood why I felt this way.

He was with me when I did all of those horrible things. And we agreed that all we needed was each other. And yet, my heart ached. Just her scent was driving us crazy and my heart ached because I walked away. I felt weak, and I hate that. I am not weak and no measly she-wolf is going to make feel this way.

I'm the Alpha King, I have no room for weakness. I'm known for my ruthlessness, for being stone cold and having no heart. I've ripped families apart for the crimes of one of their pack mates. And after seeing my father suffer madness when my mother died, I knew I wouldn't let it happen to me.

She died when I was 8 years old. A rouge had infiltrated the borders and snuck in, to initially kill me, but met his match with my mother. She killed him, but died in the process of saving me. From that day forth, my father hated me. He blamed me for her death. Told me if I wasn't such a weakling she'd still be alive. And so he set out to make me ruthless.

At 10 years old he sent me to the middle of a forest on a completely deserted island. He left me there to fend for myself. My wolf was forced to shift early so I wouldn't die, which caused my eyes to be blood red. For 2 years I slayed every beast I came across, I fought and won each battle and earned the battle scars to prove it. When my father returned to get me I was alive, and thriving.