Chapter 11

Jady's POV

"I saw everything when you were streaming last night. You were wearing white lingerie, right?"

Cat got my tongue. I don't know what to say! She knows everything now!

I tried to calm myself down. Pakiramdam ko maiiyak ako. Mas nanginginig ako at nabibingi na ako sa sobrang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko. Hindi ako makahinga ng maayos dahil sa kaba!

I flinched when Nixera grabbed my hand. "Hey, no need to be so nervous. I'm not the type of person who will judge and laugh at you because of your job. You are panicking way too much, Jady. Calm down," she said those words softly like she's consoling me. "Don't worry, hmm? I saw you streaming, but that won't change a thing. Hindi naman nagbago ang tingin ko sa'yo."

My tears came out of my eyes because of everything that she said. Walang pandidiri sa mukha n'ya. Hindi rin s'ya galit o disappointed. She's smiling genuinely while looking at my eyes. I can feel that she's not like the other people who judged me and almost stepped on me after knowing my job.

Lumapit s'ya sa 'kin at kinulong ang mukha ko sa maiinit n'yang palad. Napasinghot ako dahil pakiramdam ko tutulo ang sipon ko. "N-Nixera..."

She kissed my forehead that sent thousands of bolts to my body. "Eat now and stop worrying. Sa ating dalawa lang 'tong nalaman ko. Don't cry. It doesn't suit you."

Marahan akong tumango bago suminghot ulit. Nagulat ako nang humagikhik si Nixera. "W-Why?"

Natulala ako nang itaas n'ya ang damit n'ya para punasan ang luha ko. I gasped because I saw her underwears.

I pushed her lightly. "I-I can do it. Kumain ka na rin."

Pinagmasdan ko lang s'ya habang sumasandok s'ya ng pagkain na s'ya rin naman ang nagluto. Mabilis kong pinunasan ang luha ko.

Bumuntong-hininga ako. Ngayon lang kumalma ang puso ko.

"Jady, I'll eat on my room. I still have to edit stuff," sabi ni Nixera kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya ulit. "You should sleep early."

"Y-Yeah. Eat well."

Bitbit n'ya ang isang mangkok at kutsara. Liningon n'ya ako at ngumiti s'ya ng matamis.

Her smile, gano'n din ang ngiti n'ya kanina. It's not a playful smile. She looks like she's at peace with that smile.

"Well, I lied just a while ago. May nagbago sa tingin ko sa'yo."

Anxiousness wrapped around my system. Magsasalita na sana ako, but her next lines caught me off guard.

"You look sexier and more beautiful in my eyes now," she said before leaving me dumbfounded.

Nixera's POV

"Yeah, thank you so much. I appreciate the effort." I played with the pen in my hand. "Send me the details right away. I'll check the area when I have time."

"Ms. Wei, this is still some tentative evidence. Do you really want to go there without full assurance?" The private investigator has this different tone in his voice. "That might just waste your time."

"Alvin, call me desperate if you want because I'm already am." Linapag ko sa kama ang mga folder na sinama ko rito kahit galing ang mga 'yon sa France. "When are you going back to the Philippines? I need you here and you know that."

"Sorry, Xera. I'm on a one-month vacation with my family."

"Dropping the formalities now, huh?"

Alvin and I met when I worked for him. I am the photographer on his wedding day. He is a private investigator and a friend. I like the way he does his job. He doesn't have any connections with my father, so I'm certain about the outcomes of his work.