Chapter 29

Nixera's POV

"Good morning, Nixera," Margo greeted me as soon as I entered the office. "Kumusta ang bakasyon mo? You're back to do a lot for the next weeks."

"I kinda missed the tight schedule." I sat down beside the othe photographers. "I'm glad I'm not late. I almost overslept."

Mel, the presenter for today's meeting finally came. She's holding a projector. "Good morning everyone. Pasensya na kung na-late ako."

Ilang minuto pa kaming naghintay para makapag-set up si Mel. May nakahanda naman s'yang presentation kaya maayos naming nakikita ang pinaka topic na pag-uusapan.

"Again, good morning everyone. All of you must've received the email few nights ago that we will be in-charge in the next theater play of Sink entitled Brooch."

Sink is the title of the theater's name, but they're not sinking in the entertainment industry. They're well-known in many ways. They're dominant in terms of getting a bunch of audience.

Brooch is going to be their next play here in the Philippines. As far as I know, Maggie Darson is the main character of that play.

"We need to help them in producing pictures that will catch more attention online. We are also going to manage the pictorial for their poster. This is not the first time that we're going to collborate with Sink. Let's do our best in making the concept appropriate for the play. Props team already know what they're going to do." Mel showed pictures that will help us visualize what we can do. "Summary of the play was sent to us, so we can maximize everything. Today, we will plan where we are going to capture the concept photos and when. We need to align the schedule with Sink. We can't overlap with their practice."

Margo pointed one part in Mel's presentation. "Brooch wants to show historical happenings in the Philippines. We can do this in a retro way, but that's quite overrated. We can combine the trends nowadays and some Filipino classics."

"That's right." Mel changed the slide. "They already have the clothes that they want for the pictorial, so we only need to manage the place and the props. Make-up artists are on their side. We need to include a powerful vibe that will pull people to watching the play."

As one of the photographers, my job is to capture the perfect pictures. The results are up to me and the crew.

If we fuck this up, Sink will give us a bad review. Sink is not the one who's going to sink, but the people that they will look down on.

Natagalan ang meeting dahil kinuha pa ang opinyon naming bawat isa. Bumuo na rin mami ng iba pang ideas na makakatulong. Ang props team talaga ang pinaka active. They already have everything in line.

"Nixera, come with me," pagtawag sa 'kin ni Mel. "We have an urgent photoshoot today. It's for a politician's daughter. Her debut is twenty days from now and they want us to take the pictures. Halata namang gusto lang nilang dito magpa-picture para masabing mayaman sila."

"You shouldn't say things like that, Mel." I smirked. "Don't be rude about the client."

"Nakakainis kasi. Parang tanga. Gusto na agad ng pictures tapos hindi man lang nagsabi ng mas maaga." Napahilot na lang si Mel sa sentido n'ya. "I hate clients like this, but I can't argue with them. Sometimes I just want to hit them with a camera or something."

I chuckled.

Even the most composed people are harsh when they're already at the peak of their calmness.

Jady's POV

"Sus, siguro may nangyari sa inyo ni Nixera habang nagbabakasyon kayo, 'no?" Pag-uusisa ni Ashanti. Kahit pinapakain ko na s'ya, ayaw n'ya pa rin akong tigilan. "Umamin ka na kasi. May something talaga sa inyo. Ang blooming mo, oh. Nawala na 'yong dakr circles sa mata mo."