38 Desire is... a lie

"Seokhoon..." Rona called out when she saw Seokhoon back to the house, looking awfully drained out. "Is everything alright?" 

Seokhoon had his head all down, until Rona's call did he lift his head back up. 

When he did he saw not only Rona, but Mina as well. 

"Mina, why are you here?" 

"To keep Rona company." Mina gestured to Seokhoon that she knew, something had gone wrong. 

"Rona..." Seokhoon spoke, "could you make me a cup of coffee and some cakes. I miss having tea with you. Mina, you can stay too. Rona's muffins are the best." 

Rona smiled happily, "of course. I'll get them baking." She spoke as rushed off to the kitchen. 

Mina smiled, but soon walked over to Seokhoon side, as the two slowly moved to the garden, outside of the house to chat. 

"I guess you knew, that's why you're here to find Rona." Seokhoon spoke. 

Mina noticed the small bruise on Seokhoon's fist as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"And I guess you punched him." Mina spoke. 

Seokhoon nodded. 

"He deserved it." Mina spoke with no mercy. She turned to Seokhoon seriously. "I want to know what you are thinking, Seokhoon...are you going to sacrifice your happiness with Rona?" 

"I...don't want to. But...did you know Joo Dan Tae had proposed to remove my spot as CEO of the Joo Enterprise." 

Mina gasped softly, disbelieved in what she had heard. 

"I had to choose..." 

Mina knew how hard Seokhoon must be positioned in. She knew, ever since she had met him in university, that he could not lose his powers in the Joo Enterprise. Without the power, he will only have lesser of a chance to dominate his father one day and fully take control. He will forever live in the shadows of his father. Be inferior. Be a puppet. Or even one day, even taken over by some random person that his father would favour as an 'adoptive son or grandson', as Joo Dan Tae always say, "nothing is irreplaceable". 

But Mina also knew, how much Seokhoon had fallen for Rona. How important she was to him. Their childhood memories together, the difficulties they had endured, the challenges they had crossed. The least he could do, was keep her by his side and love her with all his heart. 

"I wouldn't let Rona be damaged. If necessary, I can take her away. For a trip or something, distract her, get her away temporarily. Until...you can figure things out." Mina suggested. 

"It..." She didn't want to say those words, but in the situation before them, this was the only way. "Legally, you and Rona are still married. That can't be changed. It...I mean the 'wedding' between you and Yonghwa over the media, can just be for a show. It was, from the start, a show after all." 

Seokhoon dived his face into his palms, breathing heavily. 

"How is it just a show when it's going to be all over the media. When Rona has to live in the dark? She shall only and forever be titled 'second to Yonghwa' if we plan to reveal her to the public in the future. No one would care who came first or second. And who would want to be this bastard that owns two wives? I am not my father. I only love Rona and I have no reason to marry Yonghwa." Seokhoon panted. He felt like suffocating. 

Mina sighed. How could she not know what Seokhoon's contemplations are about.

"Unfortunately... the business... the deals... the risks..." Mina listed. "I wouldn't want these to be pressured upon you. But I hope...you make the right decision that doesn't guilty your heart."