58 Desire is...in your eyes

"May I introduce, Ms Bae Rona. Famous pianist and owner of Angel School of Music." The Queen gestured to Rona. "This is Mr Joo Seokhoon from Korea, Joo Enterprise."

Seokhoon handed his hand out to shake Rona's.

As two hands touched once more, waves of emotions splattered upon the two lonely shores.

"Hello Ms Bae Rona, I am Joo Seokhoon."  

"Hello...Mr Joo Seokhoon...I...am Bae Rona." Rona stuttered at her words. She couldn't believe Seokhoon would be here. 

"Ah, yes. Ms Rona, Mr Joo is here to collaborate us for our next infrastructure. Our next estate stated at Korea. We hope to have an estate there when we ever visit, just to have a sense of comfort whenever we visit a place. We do that for most of the countries we go to." The King spoke. "We heard the Joos are the best in their line of work." 

"Thank you for the appreciation, Your Majesties. It is my honour to work with you." 

Rona only nodded, silently observing the whole scenario. 

Seokhoon turned and gave Rona a smile, giving her a slight shock. She didn't even realised herself, she blushed. 

He hadn't smile to her for five years. Or technically saying, she haven't seen that genuine warm smile ever for five years. That heartfelt feeling. 

"Ms Rona was just playing for us. You must have acknowledged her performance, since you told us last time at the party that you were at the festival." 

Seokhoon smile naturally appeared. His cheeks bones lifted in a unified pattern, signalling everyone that he was extremely happy to see Rona. "Yes. Ms Rona is very talented." 

The King and Queen exchanged a look and turned to Seokhoon. 

"Do Mr Joo, play?" The Queen asked gently. 

Seokhoon looked a little frantic and shook his hands, giving a smile awkward laugh, "No no no...I used to...but not now." 

"Oh so you know how to play the piano? You must not shy away from us. We insist our guests to perform a little, or else what's the point for our grand piano sitting here in this majestic hall." The King laughed. 

Seokhoon brushed the back of his head in awkwardness. He hadn't played since Rona left. 

As they looked into each other's eyes, memories flooded back. 

Five years ago, 

When the two were still a happy couple, they would play together when they get bored. They had a small acoustic piano at their little house. Rona would guide Seokhoon in a duet together. Despite sometimes being out of tune or playing the wrong key, they had fun fiddling around on the small piano stool, snuggling next to each other. Seokhoon would have his arms over Rona, playing his keys on the exterior ends of the piano, where Rona plays the main tune in the centre.  

"This is not the way you play it!" Rona pouted. 

She instructed Seokhoon's fingers on the black and white keys. One by one. 

"Here, here and here. Place your fingers here." 

Seokhoon only stared at his beautiful wife without a word of objection. 

Rona realised Seokhoon was silent at his words. 

"Why aren't you talking?" Rona asked. 

Seokhoon held onto Rona's head, leaned close to her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.