Smokes and Fire

Smoke, the smell of smoke and the sound of gunfire got me to open my eyes. As they slowly opened I saw the sky was filled with smoke, what seemed like sunset was quickly looking like night had already come.

WE'RE UNDER FIRE!!!

PUSH THEM BACK!!

THEY'RE GETTING CLOSER TO THE FACILITY PUSH THEM BACK!!!!!

I hear gunshots and I see to my right a soldier firing his gun, the loud bangs that come out of it followed by the sound of the copper casings hitting the ground. To my right were robots exploding, firing their guns and dying in the process and is that....? Yeah that's screams of agony I hear way off in the distance.

The soldier that was firing the gun earlier spotted me, still firing that assault rifle. He began to shout at me but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

GET BEHIND COVER!!!

Cover? Oh right, I'm in a war.

I tried to get up but a bullet hit my shoulder, barely missing my chest. I felt the sharp pain as I decided to just stay down and hope for the best. Playing dead should work but I hope I don't bleed to death first. I was still looking at the soldier, blinking several times to signal him I'm not dead yet. His eyes widened.

DAMN IT, WE NEED A MEDIC-

The sound of wind, a quick whoosh could be heard as a freaking knife, a damn knife came out of nowhere stabbed into his head. The soldier then fell limp as he was there on the ground, a lifeless corpse, blood escaping his head as the color of his eyes began to fade. Another one of my brothers was a victim of this war.

"Shit"

I said quietly to myself. How many more of us will it take to stop these devils?

Not enough apparently.

As dust and dirt flew past my face, bullets kept on raining from both sides, screams escaped my mouth.

Then a loud cackle, an ear piercing cackle could be heard, a volley of it.

"YOU. ARE. POWERLESS!"