Familiar Faces

Ah, the day seems so peaceful.

It's perfect to just lay down on the grass and look at the sky, which I am already doing.

Looking up to the sky that has some clouds in it but it feels right somehow.

Like sure the "clear blue sky" is nice and all but it feels unnerving. Like something is messed up in the world? I dunno what I'm talking about anymore.

"Boop." someone poked my cheek, I smiled as I turned to face them.

"Hey." I looked to see the girl I was dating. She wore these big round glasses to help her see the world around her, her signature green beanie that she never leaves without. Her skin is so fair and so beautiful and her personality, what's not to love. Amazing, smart, funny, caring, loving, beautiful, thoughtful and beautiful.

Wait, I said beautiful twice.

It doesn't matter.

God damn I'm so in love with this woman!

Like how'd I get to be with her, I'm so damn lucky!

She waves her hand in front of my face. "Hey, you're spacing out again"

"Sorry about that" I scratch the back of my head.

"What's going on in that head of yours? I swear I can't even get a read" I laugh as she just pokes my forehead over and over. I take her hand and intertwine our fingers.

"I was just thinking about how amazing you are" she snorts and playfully pushes me

"Meine Gott, you are the cheesiest person I have ever met" she then leans in and kisses my cheek "And that's one of the reasons why I love you Y/N."

"And I love you too, Klara" She moves closer to me as we both lean into a kiss. As our lips connected it felt like fireworks, like something magical.

The kiss only lasted for a mere 5 seconds but I swear to you it felt longer.

We parted and I looked into her hazelnut brown eyes.

"I love you" she smiles and scoots closer to me "I love you too meine Lieben" we then look at the sky, watching the clouds pass us by.

Ah, it's so peaceful.

BOOOM!!!!!

Both of us immediately stood up, we saw as her lab exploded. We looked at each other in shock and horror then we both ran towards it.

"Tell me that's one of your projects" hoping that it was just her doing, I mean it was so common that the lab exploded but this was just unexpected.

"Nein, I made sure not a single one of my projects were online or in testing, this was not my doing."

Just our luck.

We approached the entrance of the lab, I pulled out my sheriff as Klara took her ghost out, which was an LP-15, a light pistol that had a suppressor. We looked at each other and nodded, then I opened the door.

We walked cautiously, we could see that cables and wires were sparking, some of her projects on fire, and paper scattered around.

Then we heard talking.

We quickly went behind some filing cabinets to hide ourselves.

"Where could that nerd be hiding that so-called project KO?" It was Phoenix, wait how could he know this was here?