chapter 2

laughter filled y/n's room, she was only here for a week but she is already attached to the people around her, especially taiyou and aiko. "oi! are you trying to make me suffer?!" taiyou grimaced, seeing that y/n is about to drop another +4 uno card. y/n laughed at the boy sitting in front of her, his expression is priceless! after laughing for who knows how many seconds or minutes had passed, she finally dropped the +4 uno card on the table. taiyou's eyes darkened, "wow, you're a monster... but!" his mood changed almost immediately, and guess why? it's because he had a reverse card, "haha! now, get 4 cards." he smiled triumphantly. he thought he won that short battle but, oh boy, he was wrong, y/n burst out laughing which made taiyou tilt his head a bit, confused. "amemiya-san... pfft, i haven't said what color." taiyou's eyes once again darkened as a short "oh," came out of his mouth.

the round finished with y/n winning, even though taiyou lost, he was happy to see y/n happy. of course, he was also happy because he has a friend to play with!

"hm? is this... a soccer magazine?" taiyou's eyes were filled with curiosity as he grabbed the magazine which was on the table. y/n let out a small squeal as she grabbed the magazine from taiyou's hand. the boy looked at her curiously, "eh?--! oh! do you also like soccer?" his voice was full of excitement. y/n simply nodded with her head low but she raised it slowly, "also? do you like soccer, amemiya-san?" she asked. taiyou gave her a big grin, "i do! soccer is my friend," he exclaimed, no words can explain how happy he is to know that his new friend likes soccer too, but he was also sad.

"i love soccer but i cannot play soccer." taiyou was saddened by the thought. with that in mind, he wondered what was y/n's sickness and so, he asked, "y/n, can i ask something?" y/n nodded. "what is your sickness?" the girl before her lowered her head and answered, "i cannot do too much physical activities," she stated, eyes full of sadness. but that wasn't really her sickness, it was just an effect caused by her sickness.

at that moment, taiyou suddenly felt a gush of grief, and sadness. "so, she's just like me." there was a deafening silence that followed after that question, but y/n broke the awkward silence, "uhm... if it's okay to ask, what about you, amemiya-san?" taiyou shook his head, "we are just the same, i am also forbidden to do any extensive physical effort. like, playing soccer." a wave of silence washed over the two again only for the orange-haired to speak up after a few seconds, "but one day, i'll be playing in a biiiig soccer field!" y/n looked at taiyou's sparkling eyes that were full of determination, and she was also motivated to get well soon so that they can both play soccer together.

sorry for the short chapter, i hope you enjoyed it! see you next week~