chapter 12

"...i'm sorry for not telling you, and for leaving without saying goodbye. but do not worry, as i said, i am currently doing well. i wish we could play soccer once i'm back.

yours truly,

y/n

p.s. i ran out of ink, sorry. thank you for letting me play soccer !!! ♡♡♡"

"she said she ran out of ink but she just forgot about it, huh?" taiyou chuckled softly, keeping the letter in his drawer after reading it.

the whole 'alternative universe' issue has ended not too long ago. he wished that y/n could've come with them. he also met some interesting individuals who seem to know them in the group of 2nd stage children.

"ohayou, taiyou-kun!"
"ohayou, tenma." football frontier international vision 2, or ffiv2, is starting soon. that's why tenma and taiyou have been training endlessly in order to get into inazuma japan.

although they are from different schools, they sure are inseparable when it comes to playing soccer. having made new friends, loneliness isn't a problem anymore for taiyou. but, it sure does hit different when you are with a special friend like y/n. needless to say, he is thankful to have friends beside him. and he knows that one day, y/n will join him on the soccer field.

after trainings, he will visit hinano's house along with his other friend, sata. there they would play soccer and even video games. his life sure is getting better after his illness got cured. he wishes that y/n could have fun with him and their friends.

when he got home, he decided to write a letter. does she not have any social media to converse with me easily? doesn't matter, i'll just write back in the traditional way...

it took him an hour to write one sentence. which frustrated him to the core. "ah, ah, i won't finish if i don't do this quickly."

suddenly, his phone started ringing. it was an unknown number, just who is this? it wouldn't hurt to answer it, right?

"he–" before he could even finish his sentence, a familiar voice spoke.

"taiyou! how are you doing?"

"y/n?.. how did you get my number?" he scratched the back of his head, if she could just call him, why write him a letter?

the person on the other line laughed softly, "i got it from fuyuka-sensei! you must be thinking why did i write a letter if i could just call you, huh?"

"haha, yes, you got me. i'm doing just fine, what about you?" they talked for almost half an hour, time sure passes by when you are talking with a special someone.

"ah, i'm really glad to hear that. i'm not sure when i can come back to inazuma town, but i'm sure that i can soon. thank you for talking with me, and take care!"

it's definitely hard to hung up, especially when you haven't talked with the person for a few months. he missed her voice, he wishes he could hear it every day just like the old times.

her voice was as sweet as honey, although sometimes she can get scary when she's angry. her laugh was music to his ears. when she cries, he is there to wipe her tears. and, he swears that if anybody makes y/n cry, he will send a soccer ball flying to their face.

he misses her so much, after all, they are best friends.

me: *writes "he also met some interesting individuals who seem to know them in the group of 2nd stage children."*
also me: *refuses to elaborate*

the urge to just write that tsurugi doesn't exist. /j  | also ! the next chapter will be the last one, thank you for reading !!!