chapter 4

"y/n!" a familiar voice echoed through the room. "mom?" the woman dropped off her bag and hugged her daughter, "i miss you so much." tears were beginning to well in y/n's eyes. "i miss you too, mom," she said with a trembling voice which made her mother hug her tighter. it has been a month since they last saw each other, it was painful for her to leave her only daughter alone in the hospital, however, she had no choice but to do so.

the door once again opened, but in a calmer way, this time it was her father, "father..." she called, no idea whether to approach him or not. their father-daughter relationship isn't the best, in fact, they never really interacted that much. she was closer to her mother who did her best to show her love to her, her mother was a loving woman. on the other hand, her father was strict and was always on business trips away from home. even so, she was happy to see her father visit her.

"n/n, i brought your favorite," her mother said with a small smile on her face, she brought out y/n's favorite dessert and handed it to her. the sight of her favorite food brought a smile to y/n's face, "thank you, mom." her mother only smiled at her and fixed her things. she also brought a flower and placed it on the night table, some stuffed toys were also placed on y/n's bed, "mom, i don't think i need stuff toys..." y/n stated after swallowing her food, her mother chuckled at her. "i do think my daughter needs her stuffed toys, i don't want my n/n to feel lonely," she replied.

the door burst open without a warning, revealing an orange-haired boy, "hey-!" before he could finish his sentence, he froze. "uh-oh, her parents are here." the thought of meeting y/n's parents made him shiver, especially how y/n once told him that her father is a bit strict. "oh? who is this young boy, y/n?" her mother asked, meanwhile, his father only closed his eyes in annoyance, "scary," taiyou thought. "mother, he is my friend, taiyou," y/n answered quietly. her mother was delighted to hear that her daughter made a friend, she approached the boy, "thank you for being y/n's friend, taiyou-kun," she thanked him, ruffling his hair softly. taiyou was surprised with how friendly y/n's mother is, he was thankful nonetheless. "oh, thank god, her mother is nice."

"i'm sorry darling... it's time that we depart." her voice was warm and gentle, she was smiling, yet sorrow and regret lingered. y/n did her best to stop her tears, the thought of her parents leaving again for another business trip hurt her. is the business more important than her? she nodded, trying her best to understand that they are just doing what's best for her. her mother kissed her forehead gently, "goodbye sweetie, take a rest and do your best, okay?" she hugged her tightly. "we'll do our best to visit you again some other time, i love you." and with that, without a single word from her father, they left.

shrugging the thoughts away, she turned to taiyou, "do you need anything?" taiyou gave a small smile, "sorry for interrupting your reunion with your parents, your mother is very nice," he complimented, to which y/n smiled. "anyways, i'll get going now, take a good rest n/n! bye!" and with that, he left.

hello!! i'm sorry, i was actually supposed to update last friday but i've been really busy and this chapter came out shorter than i thought. i'll be updating again sometime this week. happy monday; good luck this week, and thank you for your patience! <3