Chapter 7

The gears in Kaito's head still seemed to be rattling, which Shinichi found quite amusing and even made him giggle. "And what did your feelings say after the elevator?", Kaito finally asked. "They say that they love you. Whether it's as a thief or a high school student they can't resist you", Shinichi replied and as if a switch had been flipped in Kaito he threw his arms around the detective and kissed him passionately. Unlike the first three times this kiss was finally returned!
But neither of them was aware that they were being watched from afar...

"I love you too", Kaito said happily after they broke up due to lack of air.

"It occurs to me I still have a few questions for you-" "You'll get as many answers as you want if you answer mine first!", the Phantom Thief demanded, grinning mischievously. The detective was already looking forward to what would follow. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Shinichi said yes to this question right away and kissed Kaito again before they went to Kaito's house. After all there were still a few unanswered questions that could probably best be answered there.

There Kaito told his now boyfriend about his father, the first Kaito Kid, how he was murdered by people who were after Pandora, explained in more detail what Pandora was all about and answered all the questions the detective still had on his mind. He even showed him the secret room.

Shinichi had been waiting for these answers for so long and he would never have thought he would possibly get them under such circumstances. Now that he understood why Kid was doing what he was doing, he decided to help him find Pandora. Not only was he able to support his loved ones, but at the same time he had an exciting new challenge to face!

They were about to leave when there was a very rough knock on the door. "Kaito open up!! There will be dinner soon!!", Aoko called through the door. The two boys rushed to the door immediately and opened it before it would broke. "There you are finally Kai- Shinichi Kudo? The detective that has helped with some Kaito Kid cases? What are you doing here?", she turned to the detective and had already forgotten about the food. "You were Aoko Nakamori, weren't you? Detective Nakamori's daughter?", the detective asked and she nodded. "Why am I here... um... well, well....", he thought because he didn't knew if it was okay for Kaito to tell her about their new relationship. How could they possibly explain how they knew each other? "Shinichi has been my boyfriend since recently, that's why he's here", Kaito said after noticing Shinichi's insecurity about the answer. Tears started to well up in Aoko's eyes again but she forced a smile and tried to be happy for her childhood friend. Seeing Aoko like this reminded Shinichi that he still had to tell Ran somehow and just the thought of it made his stomach roil.

"I don't have to eat with you today if you don't want to", Kaito said with an apologetic look. But you'd better rip off plasters quickly, it was better for her too if she already knew.

"N-no, that's fine. Your boyfriend can eat with us too, we have more than enough", she assured the two that she was said to be fine. The two boys exchanged skeptical looks but finally said yes.

The three of them went over to Aoko's house and sat down at the laid table, where Aoko's father was already sitting. "Well now? Shinichi? What are you doing here?", the inspector asked because the two already knew each other from a few cases. "Aoko said it would be okay if I had dinner with you today. She probably would have considered it impolite if Kaito had come over to eat with you and would have made me stay at his house and wait for him", the detective explained and put something on a plate which Kaito had quickly got for him.  "Aha, and why were you with Kaito?" Again Shinichi let the thief speak who directly replied: "Because he's my boyfriend." Ginzo briefly choked on his food and hit himself in the chest before he said, "O-oh? I'm happy for you then." Both boys recognized instantly that this was a lie but it was also clear to them that he must have known about his daughter's feelings and therefore reacted in this way.

The meal was wrapped in awkward silence, no one really knew what to say and as soon as they were finished Kaito and Shinichi quickly disappeared back to his house.

"That was really awkward...", Shinichi remarked. "Yeah, but there's nothing we can do about it. Besides they deserve to know the truth", Kaito pointed out. "That's what an internationally wanted thief says?", Shinichi laughed amused and quickly kissed Kaito on the lips. "I think it's time for me to go. See you tomorrow?", Shinichi asked whereupon Kaito just nodded. They kissed goodbye and the detective was gone.

At his hotel he tried to explain the facts to Ran, who fortunately took the whole thing more relaxed. Somehow she had expected something like this.

A few weeks passed in which the two were happy but now it was time for one of Kids' performances again. Kaito even invited Shinichi to Jii's pool bar to help planing. Shinichi found it really amazing and fascinating to see how the great Kaito Kid planned his heists.