19. Changes

Ozpin: I want you to take these next few days off as you are in no condition to get to classes on time.

Jack sat in front of Ozpin in his office, Jack had been looking worse for wear after the fight, his condition has been improving slowly but his aura has still been a mystery to many as it decides when it should work. He recalls healing pretty fast that night but he isn't sure if that was because of his abilities or if it was from his aura

Ozpin: Jackson?

Jack: Ah, yes I understand, are you sure I have to?

Ozpin: I saw the way you leaned on that elevator on the ride up, you're exhausted and need to rest, don't forget that I have eyes everywhere...

Jack: Right...

Ozpin: I mean it when I say rest, if I hear that you're attending classes-

Jack: I know, You'll have the girls drag me back, I know they will. Is that all?

Ozpin: For now, you're dismissed.

Jack got up and left, taking the elevator down he noticed the small camera in the vent above, smirking at it with a wave. As the elevator opened he went back to his room as it was now fixed up to his liking sadly without his pc, but he had an alternative. Jack places his blazer on the hook behind his door and turned to the desk with the data stick, a connector to his scroll, and a small device that projects holograms. The data stick was plugged into the projector and plugged his scroll in after. The projector loaded and then beamed to life projecting the same starry milky way galaxy that Jack had been studying for some time.
Jack gets changed while the hologram gets up-to-date on the progress of finding remnant, the fitted shirt and grey sweatpants combined with his cartoon socks. The Hologram turns the picture in multiple directions quickly scanning things that had been previously scanned, covering everything Jack had already done previously. His eyes had shown exhaustion, the dark circles under his eyes show his lack of sleep. The morning was spent sifting through the hologram of the galaxy, Jack himself had no idea what he was doing, Nomad would help him with the complicated stuff but Jack remembered some of the things like being able to make starts obsolete and go after little dots resembling planets. Once multiple were found, Jack had tapped the check mark on his scroll to begin scanning for anything that showed properties of Remnant.

Jack looked at the clock in his room, the long lines on the clock had told him that it was time to get some food, he unplugged his scroll and watched the hologram go to sleep mode and shut off. Jack simply wore slip on shoes to the cafeteria, his hoodie which he slipped on before he left had provided the warmth he needed from the cool area around him. The students gave light stares as he had no uniform on at the time. His condition was also worse for wear, the slight limp he would have when he walked, the dark circles under his eyes, its as if he had been falling apart. Jack had disregarded the idea but maybe his body wasn't acting right, as if he had been fighting himself on healing, his aura, abilities, his semblance had never stayed the same so to speak. Whether this has something to do with the other day or not. Something is going on.

Jack gets closer to the cafeteria to hear carnage occurring on the other side of the double doors, Glynda moves past him and flung the door open and stopped from what Jack saw was a food fight.

Jack: Ruby! What'd you guys do without me?

Ruby: Jack! Hiiiiii

Jack was about to ask where Yang was until he saw her crash through the roof and landing on the carnage in front of him.

Glynda was about to scold them until Ozpin had put his hand on her shoulder, he nudged his head to point at Jack to see that he was giggling, giggling became laughter until he almost doubled over cause of the pain, he had tears in his eyes and Ruby and the others were smiling at the boys laughter. Jack wiped his tears