Vol. 2 : Chapter 2 - Truth

~The Omniscient~

Ah, love stories... how tacky

So tacky in fact, that I might be tempted to call them my least favorite type of story—And I already know what you're thinking—Isn't this, your story, just another love story?

No... it's not

This is a true story, which just so happens to have a whole lotta love.

Most of our stories are like that though, if you really think about it.

You've probably loved so many people, had your heart broken by a few or maybe even many of them. You've also been loved by so many people, in one way or another—Most of you probably never even noticed this, or maybe you do notice, but simply refuse to acknowledge it, or maybe you don't choose to acknowledge it as much as you know you should.

Don't feel bad though, I myself have never been one for soppy or emotional displays.

Point is, it's there—and the younger you are, the more time you have to cherish it... or to miss it

May 22nd, 2021
Madison Square Garden

It was the final night of K/DA's All Out tour...

The lights around the dome were barely glimmering like stars in a clear night sky. And the flashlights from people's phones were swaying like the stars which would've complimented that night sky. The atmosphere itself felt like a deep shade of midnight blue.

Sera was performing a solo ballad on the piano. Ren, Caden, Crow, Calypso and the whole of K/DA all stood in the wing, watching in awe.

The music shot out from the sound system and to the back of the dome, before echoing back to the stage and throughout the wings in low hums and hush tones. That's when Ren had a qualm come about him. The reverberations continued through his head like series of small emotional explosions.

"Do you think he would've liked it?" He thought out loud.

Ahri looked over at him, clearly surprised.

"Oh, of cour—"

"He would've loved it." Kai'sa interrupted from behind them, placing her hand on Ren's shoulder and looking back out to the stage. Her South African accent rolled through the wing like whiskey on ice.

"The serenity of this concert is... unmatched to be honest, at least in all of my experience."

*Sigh*

"Even I would agree" chimed Ahri. Ren and Kai both looked at her with slightly raised eyebrows.

"Ugh, what? I admit it okay? The crowd here has been the most generous and polite I've ever seen. I guess... I don't know"

"Maybe... despite his time with us being so... short–" Kai's emotions cracked then, she took a moment to regain her strength, "Moe has truly left a massive imprint on this world, and now we must nurture it... Let people learn from it."

Ren comforted her with a warm smile, "Sounds like something he would say."

Smiling back, a tear built in her eye.

"He would be so proud of you, I mean it."

Looking down now, gently wiping her tears in an effort to preserve her makeup, Ren pulled her into a long hug.