Chapter 2 - Masks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFK to LAX

God's Eye has touched down in Los Angeles after a 6 hour flight

Moe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The California sun nipped at my skin as we exited the plane and crossed the glass bridge. We strolled through the waiting areas and finally got down to our terminal where we grabbed our luggage, when we were met by a chauffeur who held an Ipad that read "God's Eye"

"There's the first step" Ren nervously muttered as we walked toward the man.

The man greeted us and began to lead us to one of the parking garages. We took an elevator to the top floor of the garage where we waited on a curb for what felt like hours. The anticipation was filling the morning air, and as it did, reality and jet lag started kicking in... Not one of us knew exactly why we were here, all we knew was we were determined to do what it took to get signed.

As the countless thoughts flooded my brain, the loud hum of a car began to echo through the garage, and a hummer limousine pulled up right in front of us. The driver's door opened as a chauffeur exited the vehicle.

"Please," he called out to us as he opened the passenger door and gestured towards it

We all looked at each other with wide eyes trying not to laugh at this surprise, thankfully everyone kept their composure and got into the vehicle. Once we were inside we started laughing lightly to ourselves.

"Aight, I'm a bit more sold now" said Crow.

"Holy shit man I wasn't expecting this" Ren said, opening a seat-side compartment, revealing a mini-fridge with numerous high end spirits. His eyes lit up and his wilder side started to reveal itself.

"Ren, we still have no clue what we're getting into, if there's anything we need right now, it's for our frontman to be sober." I said with a serious tone. I hate to be hard on anyone of the guys, especially after all of the hard work we've put into the song. But the reality is that we all need to be aware of our actions and surroundings, for we still don't truly know what our host wants from us. Ren gave me a bummed out look and responded,

"Yeah you're right... Later though"

"If all goes well, I don't see why not" I said.

"Good enough for me" he smirked.

The chauffeur started driving the limo, and we began to descend down the numerous floors of the garage. Once we reached the exit, the California sun pierced right through us and seeped into our hearts. Butterflies filled my stomach as the vibes took over, and an even vibier song began playing through the crystal clear speakers.

We cruised smoothly through the lush hills of Orange county, the orange horizons of a California sunrise radiated upon the sky, as it's luminescence perfectly defined the curvature of the irresistible hills. Just as we came over one last hill, we were embraced by a roadside view of the city of angels, a whole new valley of opportunities, hardships and relations. Everyone was dazzled by the sight of the skyline, as we began to descend down the mountain and into the Hollywood hills.