Chapter 3 - Preliminaries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guys sleep the night, soon to wake at 8 in the morning

Caden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awakened to the crimson glow of the sun through my eyelids, as I opened my eyes I could see the sun's rays softly piercing through the narrow intervals between each curtain, streaking white light across the living room. I got up and stretched out with cracks and creaks throughout my body, and walked over to the curtain, slightly pushing it aside. Through the crystalline looking glass I could see the beauty of the angelic skyline in the distance, adorned further down by a coast of renown and splendor.

With a smirk on my face I closed the curtain and turned around only to jump slightly,

"Morning!" called out Moe as he walked out of his bedroom and across the living room to sit on a chair set up in front of the coffee table. His laptop was open and he was plugging his mouse into a USB port, as I looked closer I could read the boldfaced text within a small application opened over-top his screen saver.

"Play"

I looked over at Moe and spoke, "Morning... League, huh?"

"Yep,"

"Well you're in luck cus' I brought my laptop as well."

League of Legends, Moe and I played that game often, although we weren't very competitive players, well... I wasn't, Moe on the other hand got to challenger last season, he can be what people consider to be a try-hard with these things, I'd just call it passion though.

"Funny thing we'll be playing this game don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" Moe responded.

"Well you know, we kinda met one of the characters yesterday"

"Oh haha, come on now that was just a promotional set of skins for a music group, they just happened to fit the bill pretty perfectly"

"Well, I wouldn't call you wrong but they're still very good musicians aren't they? I mean, I kind of envy them you know..."

"Oh yeah they're musicianship is undeniable, but in what way do you envy them?"

"Well... Ya know, they're successful, very successful. And they have so much character, there's just something about them isn't there?"

Moe glanced at me, and was about to open his mouth before another voice could be heard from the sofa bed behind him.

"I wouldn't go worshiping any of these people now Caden," Crow said groggily with his eyes still closed, as if to act asleep.

"I-I'm not... I'm just saying---"

"Man", Crow started lazily as he got up slowly to sit in the bed with his legs crossed and his arms sprawled backward onto the couch which he was leaned up against. "Trust me Caden, I've witnessed it firsthand, what fame and money can do to people. How it can bend people's natural interest, possessing them with greed and arrogance, these kinds of people are nothing but trouble. Now these girls, they have some charisma I'll give them that, but until I have some genuine physical proof that they're distinguished from that lot of people, I don't want you or any one of us being involved with any one of them."

It wasn't rare that Crow got protective over any of us, especially me, considering that I'm the youngest, and supposedly one of the most blank canvases here. But what he was saying then shook me up a bit, since in all the time I've known Crow I'd never heard this side of him before. Why did he say he'd witnessed such a thing firsthand? I was also confused by the fact that he would assume such a thing of me... I mean, I'm the last person to interact with a stranger, let alone a celebrity, all things considered nobody would usually see this as a danger for me. Was this situation different? How do I really feel about this? And if I'm not being honest with myself then how could I be? Maybe none of this is even that deep?