Chapter 4 - Midnight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ren

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room stood silent for millennia before the crackling started, lightly pattering like rain upon the window on which I was fixated. Soon enough those crackles grew into claps... No - Thunderclaps, as if a hurricane lay over-head, piercing sharply through the abysmal silence. The mind-rattling claps eventually dove to decrescendo back into normal claps, and as I came to, I heard the applause of an entire ballroom, and all the glory was ours.

As the spotlights died down, I could barely see Ahri and the K/DA applauding on their feet in the back of the hall. After a few moments however, Ahri began to slowly walk up to the front, leading her girls behind her, meanwhile, I set down the guitar and began walking off the stage, with my band behind me short in toe.

As I stepped off the final step and back onto the floor of the hall, I was greeted unexpectedly by a warm hug and a new smell, as I looked down onto the shoulder of whoever this was I saw Ahri's blonde hair and I could feel her ear batting at my face lightly, she smelled like something exotic, almost like a mixture of patchouli and sandalwood. I awkwardly hugged her back as I could see the apparent disapproval of Evelynn who was standing right behind her.

"Ok, that's enough" Evelynn asserted, attempting to hide her irritation with a higher pitch to her voice. Ahri pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes, with an almost sad look in hers.

"S-Sorry... Ahem, I got carried away, it's just that you guys were so good!" I looked over to the other girls who were all nodding with impressed grins, and as I glanced back to the guys they were all looking off about something, Moe in particular was eyeing me and trying not to laugh at the tension between me and Ahri just then. 

Truthfully... It was nothing... I don't think...

Behind K/DA I saw Tyler approaching, "Super impressive y'all," he started, "keep performing like that and you'll have everyone in the city ringing you up in no time"

"Thanks man we couldn't have done it without you"

"Ah come on now... Oh! I see you've met the K/DA already?"

"Uh yeah haha, we all met this morning"

"Well that's great then, they're the biggest group we've got in Riot so better to get to know them now before it's too late." He said before looking over to the other side of the banquet hall. His eyes widened as he turned back to us, "Speaking of groups, follow me," he said gesturing to us, "you girls too" he said as he walked off with everyone following behind him. 

As we walked through the banquet we received plenty of smiles and nods of approval, I even saw Moe get a fist bump from LP.

Tyler stopped in front of a group of people, consisting of 2 girls and 2 guys, it was a little odd to tell who they were without all the specialized makeup and whatnot, but I soon realized who they were. 

We're being introduced to True Damage.

Before anyone could introduce themselves Akali ran up from behind all of us and gave Ekko a massive hug which he returned warmly.

"Long time no see" Akali said as she pulled away from him.

"Only been a month haha"

I looked over instinctively at Caden for a split second, he had his head lowered slightly and he was displaying some very awkward body language.